AVA Convention trip - photos days 2 & 3

  • Chelane Priller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      The past week has zoomed by, with little down time for computing.

      On Monday, we started with a walk in Benicia, CA. Near the start of
      the 10K were a couple of glass makers. One of them opened up
      just as we were about to gaze in the windows, so we got to window
      shop inside. There were some very lovely pieces! After walking
      along the marina, we headed downtown and found a great place
      for breakfast, which also happened to be the start point for the
      Benicia YRE - First St. Cafe. Then we headed back to the water
      along the downtown and then wandered our way back among the
      residential sections back to the armory.

      Then in the evening, we walked Old Sacramento. We ate at
      Joe's Crab Shack along the river where the music is loud and the
      servers stop to dance in unison from time to time. The crab was
      yummy! We enjoyed the city in the evening light. I got a great
      pic in the rose garden.

      http://www.john-and-chelane.com/trip_june2007/trip070625.html

      On Tuesday, my dad had to work, so I attended the Sonoma walk
      without him. I chatted with folks from Nebraska and Vermont and
      North Carolina along the way. Along one street, we saw a stream
      of water headed our way along the curb. The stream was going
      swiftly got larger for a while, washing onto the sidewalk in places.
      We turned a corner and some locals said that the fire hydrant had
      been knocked off its base and that the water department had just
      turned off the flow to it. The stream slowly got smaller until we
      passed the hydrant, lying forlornly on its side about 6 feet away
      from its base. After that we passed some impressive homes, a
      winery, its vineyard in town and a lot of historic buildings in the
      downtown.

      http://www.john-and-chelane.com/trip_june2007/trip070626.html

      (If I caught you in one of my pics and would like a copy, let me know!)

      More to come . . .

      Chelane