Question about "Courthouses in USA" program

  • Terry Mcfar
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      Does anyone know who is administering the Courthouses in USA program? I
      don't see it listed on the AVA site and I must have missed the announcement.
      I want to find out what they want us to do to be listed before I add it as
      a special classification.
      P.S. We have two Great Lakes and the Mighty Niagara River to give us
      cooling breezes in Western New York. Make it your vacation destination this
      summer and walk our scenic and historic walks. They are all different and
      you can really fill up those Special Classification books fast.

      Terry
      www.ava.org/clubs/niagara

    • Charles A. Patterson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        I haven't heard nor seen any AVA Program as such......

        However, We've finished USA A-Z, LIghthouses, Great Lakes (all five GLs),
        Presidents, Riverwalk, Railroad Heritage, Washington State - "Waters"
        challenge (4 categories, 28 events) Walk Oregon Challenges - Spring, Summer,
        Parks, Lewis & Clark and COURTHOUSES.

        Over 100 events in less than 7 weeks!

        AND now, it's back to Germany for Marathons, Long Distance Rundwanderwegs,
        and the completion of the European IMLs.

        We hope everyone has a productive "walking" summer!

        We're not at home because we're "ON THE Volkssoprt TRAIL,"

        Pat & Cheryl Patterson

        >Hi all,
        >
        > Does anyone know who is administering the Courthouses in USA program?
        >don't see it listed on the AVA site and I must have missed the
        >announcement.
        > I want to find out what they want us to do to be listed before I add it
        >as
        >a special classification.
        Terry

      • Annette Tollett
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
          Terry,

          This program is being administered by the same people who are doing the Walking Europe in the USA. It will start on Jan 1. If you subscribe to The American Wanderer, there is an article in it about the new program, as well as the new State Park program.

          Annette

          Terry Mcfar <tpjd123@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          Does anyone know who is administering the Courthouses in USA program? I
          don't see it listed on the AVA site and I must have missed the announcement.
          I want to find out what they want us to do to be listed before I add it as
          a special classification.
          P.S. We have two Great Lakes and the Mighty Niagara River to give us
          cooling breezes in Western New York. Make it your vacation destination this
          summer and walk our scenic and historic walks. They are all different and
          you can really fill up those Special Classification books fast.

          Terry
          www.ava.org/clubs/niagara

          ======
          Walking http://walking.about.com
          For everything you want to know about walking.

          To unsubscribe, send a blank email to:

          To get the daily digest only send a blank email to:
          walklist-digest@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Randal Adams
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
            The POC is Jan Woods of the East Texas Trekkers. It starts January 1 and the book costs $10.

            Becky Adams
            AVA Special Events Committee Member

            Terry Mcfar <tpjd123@...> wrote:
            Hi all,

            Does anyone know who is administering the Courthouses in USA program? I
            don't see it listed on the AVA site and I must have missed the announcement.
            I want to find out what they want us to do to be listed before I add it as
            a special classification.
            P.S. We have two Great Lakes and the Mighty Niagara River to give us
            cooling breezes in Western New York. Make it your vacation destination this
            summer and walk our scenic and historic walks. They are all different and
            you can really fill up those Special Classification books fast.

            Terry
            www.ava.org/clubs/niagara

            Randy Adams