MD-Thurmont YRE

  • cbm95@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 11:51 AM
      It was reported, over this past weekend, the Start box was missing for this
      event and that the folks questioned did not know anything concerning the
      box.

      This AM I went to Thurmont and the start box is where it has always been.

      I believe the individual that reported the box missing may have gone to the
      Mountain Gate restaurant instead of the Mountain Gate Plaza, which is across
      the street from the restaurant where the start box is located. I believe
      the info in the Starting Point clearly states "Mountain Gate Plaza" and
      while the Busy Bee Bakery is gone the sign is still on the building which is
      referenced as well.

      I apologize to the individual that erred and hope they will return and do
      our walk sometime in the future.

      Chuck Merkel POC Thurmont, MD YRE

      BTW do not forget the walk the Piedmont Pacers are putting on in Hagerstown,
      MD on August 13th in conjunction with the cities "AUGUSTOBERFEST" which this
      year for the 1st time, will be held on Saturday (13th) and Sunday the 14th.
      We have a great check point in store for you all.

    • A Walker
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 12:35 PM
        Does anyone know if there is a problem with the walk box for the Stowe, VT,
        walk?

        One of our club members went to the inn and was told they had thrown the box
        out. No reason given. If this walk is not operational we would like to
        know.
      • beateh1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 2:16 PM
          Does anyone know if there is a problem with the walk box for the Stowe, VT,
          walk?
          I forwarded this message to Charlotte Phillips of Vermont's Twin State
          Volkssport Association and she replies:

          Please put on the walklist for our club a note that we are sorry about this
          travesty. I cannot believe a hotel staff would say they had thrown the box
          out.

          The walk box is now at Stowe Inn, which is on the left on VT 104, about 1/4
          mile after leaving VT 100 in downtown Stowe.

          --Bea Hait
          for Charlotte Phillips

        • cbm95@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
            Hi All,

            Please make this change in your Starting Point book.

            The Mountain Gate Plaza store is now a 7-11 and the start box has been relocated to next to the phone both. Everything else remains the same.

            With the onset of the fall season the colors in Catoctin Mountain Park will be shining in all their glory so mark your calendars for later on to walk the "mountain trail". A challenging walk walk that has a terrific aerobic effect.

            Chuck Merkel