Re: Walklist: RE: FAMOUS WALKERS

  • C. Wortz
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 1998
      The Trudger should include himself on this list. I also thank you for my
      inclusion on the list. Lucy is correct, what does this list have to do with
      famous people? All we have in common are we are walkers that keep the
      walklist and/or AVAissuesList from getting dull, each in our own way.

      Keep the walklist enlivened with your walking reports Darin.

      Charles Wortz
      "Backwards Charlie"
      Austin, TX, USA

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 1998
        Darwin, sorry for the misspelling of your name in my last missive. Spellcheck
        doesn't do names very well. And the eyeballs didn't catch it either.

        For newbies, it's Darwin White, the Trudger, not Darin.

        Charles Wortz
        "Backwards Charlie"
        Austin, TX, USA

        C. Wortz wrote:

        > The Trudger should include himself on this list. I also thank you for my
        > inclusion on the list. Lucy is correct, what does this list have to do with
        > famous people? All we have in common are we are walkers that keep the
        > walklist and/or AVAissuesList from getting dull, each in our own way.
        >
        > Keep the walklist enlivened with your walking reports Darin.
        >
        > Charles Wortz
        > "Backwards Charlie"
        > Austin, TX, USA
        >
        > krupps wrote:
        >
        > > You are too kind, Darwin. Are you sure we're famous, or is it that we are
        > > loquacious?
        > >
        > > Lucy
        > >
        > > krupps@...

      • Darwin White
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 1998
          >From: "Doyle Piland" <dpiland@...>
          > the magazine star - Wendy Bumgardner, The Walking Walrus
          >(Kevin Shaw), and even David Wicks, along with countless others
          >??? Who is David Wicks you ask? David is from El Paso, Texas and is
          >approaching 30,000 KM of sanctioned IVV walking.

          See, This is exactly why I consider you famous. You pull out the list my
          peabrain couldn't remember ( no slights intended, either). Just leave me
          off, too. The fame might go to my head and then there be a Volks Hall
          Putsch, people expected to voice their allegiance to Der Trudger and
          impending volksvasions of Poland and France. Oh, the horror.

          Dr. White/ Mr. Trudge

          See the Subscriber/Contributor Agreement at
          http://www.ava.org/walklist.htm#agree
        • Regina Overholt
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 1998
            Hey, I am a legend in my own mind. Does that count?

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 1998
              >FRom: Regina Overholt <regina@...>
              >Subject: RE: Walklist: RE: FAMOUS WALKERS
              >Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 07:55:33 +0200
              >Hey, I am a legend in my own mind. Does that count?

              Count? Heck, it put's you in contention for Grand Poobah! (right behind
              me , of course)

              Happy Trails
              Darwin L. White
              The Dallas Trekkers Walking Club
              (http://www.flash.net/~tva/clubs/dallas/)

              "Now I know you're wondering: did I walk 5K? or did I
              walk 10K? So tell me: do you feel lucky?"
              Clint Eastwood in 'Volksy Harry'

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 1998
                On a more serious note, two years ago, at the closing of the Castlebar, Ireland walking event, Mary Robinson spoke. She was then president of the Republic of Ireland and is now (or the last I heard) UN Chairman (Commissioner?) for Human Rights. In her speech, she congratulated everyone for coming to Co. Mayo (her home) to walk. She then said she was going to take several days off and planned to do some walking herself (big cheer from the crowd). So I suppose she is a walker, too.
                See the Subscriber/Contributor Agreement at
                http://www.ava.org/walklist.htm#agree
              • Susan Toepel
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 1998
                  Works for me.

                  I have awards on a shelf and on several walls of my home. I have hatpins
                  on several displays. I'm a winner. Maybe I'll be a legend some day too,
                  but right now that is not important to me.

                  I like being an athlete. I like having a wonderful time. And the only
                  thing I've lost is 30 pounds (and my keys and glasses occasionally.)

                  Let's all get out there and WALK, (bike or swim).

                • RKings5607@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 5, 1998
                    Does this list include famous walkers from the past?

                    How about John Chapman (1774-1845)?? We wandered through Ohio, Indiana, and
                    western Pennsylvania for 40 years sowing apple seeds (aka Johnny Appleseed).
                    He left behind more than footprints. Now that's ALOT of walking.

                    Robert Kingsbury
                    <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/rkings5607/wanderer/">Palmetto Wanderers</A>