West Virginia - Change in start point for the Charleston Capital Event

  • Stenger, Nancy C.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      I am posting the below information for Karen Maes, President of the
      Riverfront Ramblers. Please contact Karen if you have any questions about
      the information provided below.

      ++++++++++++++++

      Due to illness the start point for the Charleston, West Virginia Capitol
      City walk - Mountain State Outfitters - has closed as of December 31st. The
      new start point for the NEW Capitol City walk is now the Hampton Inn at #1
      Virginia Street West, Charleston, WV.

      Directions: From Eastbound I-64/I-77 take Exit 58B - the Virginia Street
      Exit. The Hampton Inn is at the bottom of the ramp. From Westbound
      I-64/I-77 take exit 58C. Move to the center of the 3 lanes. Go through the
      first stop light. At the second stop light be prepared to move to the left
      lane - you want to turn left on Virginia Street. Go under the interstate
      and the Hampton Inn will be on your left. Ask at the desk for the walk box.
      The Hampton Inn is open 7 days a week and all holidays.

      Description of the NEW Capitol City Walk. This walk is rated 1+. It is on
      paved sidewalks and has 2 very short and small hills on the bridge over the
      Elk River. The walk will take you on the river walk along the Kanawha
      River. It also takes you through the State Capitol Complex. During the
      week the Capitol building is open and you may tour it if you wish but it is
      not part of the walk. You will have 3 options for the return to the Start
      Point - 2 will take you through residential and shopping areas of
      Charleston. This walk is suitable for strollers but wheelchairs will have
      difficulty with the curbs.

      For further information contact Karen Maes, 304-727-2699 or email
      ohramblinrose@...