GA: New Information and Upcoming Events

  • georgiawalkers@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      For those who are in the Civl War Program, the following Georgia Walkers
      events have been approved as part of the program.

      Our Atlanta Walk (YRE096) which goes by the Georgia State Capitol which
      contains battle flags, painting and statuary of Civil War Interest.

      Our Decatur Walk (YRE0847) that goes by the County Courthouse which houses
      the DeKalb History Center where you can see many Civil War Memorabilia.

      Our Madison Walk (YRE0384) which is a town saved from burning during the
      Union General William T. Sherman's March to the Sea. The trail depot was
      partiall burned by Federal Troops and also goes by many CSA graves.

      I have added information about Presidents' Weekend in February 2005 to our
      website. It isn't too early to start thinking about this annual event that we
      cosponsor with the Capital City Wanderers. Make your reservations now at
      the Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Beach, AL.

      The Roswell Striders walk on August 21st in Atlanta, GA.

      Our Berry College Walk on October 9th in Rome Georgia.

      Our Redtop Mountain Walk in November 6-7 in Cartersville, GA.

      We have a group/club walk on September 11th at Stone Mountain.

      We have a group/club walk on December 4 walking our Atlanta Walk.

      Please check our webpage for information on the above walks:

      _http://georgiawalkers.homestead.com_ (http://georgiawalkers.homestead.com/)

      See you on the trail !!