Appearing at It Came from Lake Michigan Film Festival

  • stephen sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2007
      The It Came from Lake Michigan film festival is back this year.  (Yay!)  They've relocated from Racine to Milwaukee, which means losing the lovely view of the lake but gaining a post-turn-of-the-twentieth-century facility.  The dates are October 26-28, with a banquet the night before on the 25th.

      http://itcamefromlakemichigan.com/2007/index.php

      You may remember that I enjoyed attending the festival last year (despite knee surgery).  Having talked to Wayne, the festival's organizer, I have high hopes that the fest is past last year's birth pangs and, in the coming years, will become an event to rival Portland's H.P.Lovecraft film fest.  Nothing like getting in on a good thing right at the start!

      Which is why I have a merchandise table this year. That's right, I'll be hobnobbing with the hobgoblins, selling books, posters, magnets, and some other goodies.  The highlight of my presence at the show will be the release of at least one new book -- just in time for Halloween!  Blue Kingdoms: Shades & Specters is the follow-up to the popular Pirates of the Blue Kingdoms anthology I did with Jean Rabe & a raft of talented authors.  This time, we've got a Halloween theme, featuring plenty of ghosts and monsters.

      If the moon is right, I'll also have with me Zombies, Werewolves, & Unicorns -- a Blue Kingdoms book featuring two horror-based novellas by me.  I'm attaching a cover rough, just to whet your appetige.

      In between hawking my wares, I'll be taking in as many new and independent horror films as I can manage.  With a little luck, I might even make it to the kick-off banquet on Thursday before the show starts.

      I hope to see you all at the fest!

      And pass the word along! I hope to meet lots of other horror fans at the fest!

      See you in 10 days!

      -- Steve Sullivan

      --
      Stephen D. Sullivan --
      Award-winning author of more than 25 published novels.