Re: [walesdna] Fw: [RL21Project] Important: Last chance to get 67 marker upgrade savings

  • sandyfoster morrison
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 18, 2010
      Thanks for all the info. Just ordered the full sequence. I get a new kit # though. Is this right? Or, is there a way to use the sample already taken?

      From: sandyfoster morrison <sandyfostermorrison @...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 2:17 PM

      Have taken 2 tests, the first in 2008. For that test, all I can be sure of is Haplogroup T1. And that's because it's written in big red letters and #'s beneath my large red name on a certificate that appears to mean something. I can also interpret the blue...or is that teal...T arrows on a world map in the enclosed packet...somewhat. ..in an extremely vague manner. I'd love to upgrade but I'm not even sure which 2 tests I've taken since the "names" for specific tests aren't posted on results...or I can't identify them if they are. I suppose the certificate is for the basic test. I ordered 1 additional test in March of this year...think it cost $75....and here I discover HVR1 Reference sequences and HVR2 References with my deviations from the norm. I totally deviate for all positions plus a couple of cutesy green mutant indicators.

      Have no clue what any of this means. I am more lost than when I began and am wondering if I may ultimately find that I don't actually exist...or perhaps that I am an ET. IF there is a final comprehensive test I'd like to take it. Then maybe when I'm rich I can afford the Who Do You Think You Are? style composite and finally get somewhere

      So the question in all this is: can you guide me to the next right step? I sent a help email to the FTDNA website and will see if and when I receive a response.

      Thanks for being there...whoever you are....wherever you are!

      Sandy Foster Morrison

      From: "mikewww7" <mwwdna@gmail. com>
      Sender: RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:43:15 -0000
      To: <RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com>
      ReplyTo: RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com

      Monday is the last day to order and get the sale prices. This is just my math (I'm not with FTDNA) but I get
      Y Refine 12-67 upgrade saves $40
      Y Refine 25-67 upgrade saves $39
      Y Refine 37-67 upgrade saves $20

      I just bit the bullet and ordered for a 2nd cousin and for my father-in-law. I had to fund both but I figured it would never get done any other way. I had trouble reaching my 2nd cousin but the surname project administrator and trying Facebook helped. I'm a little poorer today, but it's a good deal compared to the cable bill or going out to eat.

      If you do get to 67 markers and are deep clade tested in the project, I'll try to place you in a "cluster." No guarantees you are not an outlier, but I'll tell you who you are closest to anyway.

      Regards,
      Mike

      --- In RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@...> wrote:

      > Most genetic genealogists would agree that it is important for R1b1b2 people like ourselves to upgrade to 67 markers. FTDNA's Chief Scientist, Dr. Michael Hammer, says that even at 67 markers, R1b1b2 people are hard to discern. If there are people in your surname projects who you think should upgrade, please encourage them to as well.
      >
      > --------- FTDNA email on July 8 ------------ --------- --
      > Over the last several years, due to the unmatched growth of our database, numerous people have confirmed and found new connections with others of their surname, and adoptees and descendents of adoptees have even found their biological surname.
      >
      > These successes are due in large part to the size and quality of our database, which, with your help, has achieved critical mass. We have made tremendous progress, but we feel that we can do more. If you have tested 12, 25, or 37 markers, an upgrade to 37 or 67 markers could provide the relevant connection that you or your matches have been waiting for.
      >
      > Family Tree DNA is dedicated to supporting this effort. From July 8th through July 19th, we will reduce all our Y-DNA upgrade prices.
      > Current SALE Price
      > Y12-25 $49 $35
      > Y12-37 $99 $69
      > Y12-67 $189 $149
      > Y25-37 $49 $35
      > Y25-67 $148 $109
      > Y37-67 $99 $79
      >
      > To order this special offer, log in to your personal page and click on the special offers link in the left hand navigation bar. A link to the login page is provided below. ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED AND PAID FOR BY MIDNIGHT JULY 19th TO RECEIVE THE SALE PRICE.
      >
      > www.familytreedna. com/login. aspx

    • David.E Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 19, 2010
        +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
        Reply Requested: Tuesday, July 20, 2010
        +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
        Move over sis. You ain't the only "ET" in the bunch. W'ell get there. David

        David E.Smith
        TDOT/Reg #3/Right of Way/Excess Land
        6601 Centennial Bvld, 2nd Floor
        Nashville, TN 37243
        David.E.Smith@...
        (615) 350-4229
        fax (615) 350-4291/4410

        From: "mikewww7" <mwwdna@gmail. com>
        Sender: RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:43:15 -0000
        To: <RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com>

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 19, 2010
          Hey, David, et al -

          Thanks for the encouragement, David. Your use of "sis" got to me! Really? Maybe this is real. Wow. I did it...opted for the FTDNA comprehensive package including retest. In a couple of months I should be closer to finding my peops!

          Yesterday was intense. I'm guessing y'all (yes, I live in Texas) become ancestor-energized in spurts, too. I lost Sunday in moldy research done by previous family members along matriarchial lines. There are DAR papers from the male line....John Williams. But on the female side, I'm back to Merial Hudson Kidd Johnson born in 1813 in Georgia. She shared a plantation in Minden, La. with her husband Theodric...born about 1803 in Virginia. He died about 1859. Muriel lived on until 1893 and died in Longview, Texas. Oddly, Merial paid for the 200 acres of  La. land. An emancipated woman back then? Surely not. Interesting-er and interesting-er.

          And still, I haven't found a link across the pond. I do know that when I set food on Scottish soil a few years ago I felt this amazing sense of homecoming wash over me...and yes, tears! It felt crazy. Anyone lese have these emotionally charged experiences? Not so much England. Didn't make it to Wales.

          I should get on Ancestry and log in the info. Maybe it's already there. But hey, it's Monday! And yes, I do work for a living!  At least, after my reserach fury yesterday, I think...maybe...I now...somewhat...understand that R1 (and variations) guys and T1 fems are related. Is this right? Best of luck to all of you..and me...in our pursuits of finding our clan.

          Sandy

          +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
          Reply Requested:  Tuesday, July 20, 2010
          +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*

          From: "mikewww7" <mwwdna@gmail. com>
          Sender: RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com
          Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:43:15 -0000
          To: <RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com>
          ReplyTo: RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com

          Monday is the last day to order and get the sale prices. This is just my math (I'm not with FTDNA) but I get
          Y Refine 12-67 upgrade saves $40
          Y Refine 25-67 upgrade saves $39
          Y Refine 37-67 upgrade saves $20

          I just bit the bullet and ordered for a 2nd cousin and for my father-in-law. I had to fund both but I figured it would never get done any other way. I had trouble reaching my 2nd cousin but the surname project administrator and trying Facebook helped. I'm a little poorer today, but it's a good deal compared to the cable bill or going out to eat.

          If you do get to 67 markers and are deep clade tested in the project, I'll try to place you in a "cluster." No guarantees you are not an outlier, but I'll tell you who you are closest to anyway.

          Regards,
          Mike

          --- In RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@...> wrote:

          > Most genetic genealogists would agree that it is important for R1b1b2 people like ourselves to upgrade to 67 markers. FTDNA's Chief Scientist, Dr. Michael Hammer, says that even at 67 markers, R1b1b2 people are hard to discern. If there are people in your surname projects who you think should upgrade, please encourage them to as well.
          >
          > --------- FTDNA email on July 8 ------------ --------- --
          > Over the last several years, due to the unmatched growth of our database, numerous people have confirmed and found new connections with others of their surname, and adoptees and descendents of adoptees have even found their biological surname.
          >
          > These successes are due in large part to the size and quality of our database, which, with your help, has achieved critical mass. We have made tremendous progress, but we feel that we can do more. If you have tested 12, 25, or 37 markers, an upgrade to 37 or 67 markers could provide the relevant connection that you or your matches have been waiting for.
          >
          > Family Tree DNA is dedicated to supporting this effort. From July 8th through July 19th, we will reduce all our Y-DNA upgrade prices.
          > Current SALE Price
          > Y12-25 $49 $35
          > Y12-37 $99 $69
          > Y12-67 $189 $149
          > Y25-37 $49 $35
          > Y25-67 $148 $109
          > Y37-67 $99 $79
          >
          > To order this special offer, log in to your personal page and click on the special offers link in the left hand navigation bar. A link to the login page is provided below. ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED AND PAID FOR BY MIDNIGHT JULY 19th TO RECEIVE THE SALE PRICE.
          >
          > www.familytreedna. com/login. aspx

        • Susan Rosine
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 19, 2010
            Sandy,
            Please contact FTDNA right away and tell them you accidentally ordered the wrong test. There is no need for you to order a brand new kit! They already have your previous kit on file. Also, all you needed to order was the upgrade from the tests you've already taken, to the full sequence. So, you paid too much!!
            Contact info@... and tell them you already have a kit (provide them with your old #), and then tell them you erroneously ordered a new kit (give them your new kit #). Tell them all you want to do is upgrade from HVR1 and HRV2 to the FGS. They'll know what that means.
            Susan

            From: "mikewww7" <mwwdna@gmail. com>
            Sender: RL21Project@ yahoogroups. com
            Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:43:15 -0000