New Tests

  • Lord Scyter
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 15, 2010
      I have tested positive for L44, L47, L48 and U106. I am now waiting for results on L164.

      John Thomas
    • Susan Rosine
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
        John, What is your kit number? I can't seem to find your results in the Wales DNA project.
        Thanks, Susan, Project Co-Admin

        I have tested positive for L44, L47, L48 and U106. I am now waiting for results on L164.

        John Thomas

      • John H Thomas Jr
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010

          John, What is your kit number? I can't seem to find your results in the Wales DNA project.

          Thanks, Susan, Project Co-Admin

          [John H Thomas Jr] It’s 154926, Susan.

          Thanks,

          John, the genealogical ghost

        • Susan Rosine
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
            John,
            You are not in the Wales DNA project itself. You're a member of our Yahoo discussion group only. Please join the DNA project!!! From your personal my FTDNA page, click on Join Projects and look for Wales Cymru DNA. You will have to request to join by listing your earliest known Thomas ancestor, and birth date and place (if you know it) and also death date and place (if you know it).
            Thanks, Susan

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010

              Alas, Susan, I cannot trace any ancestor back to Wales. If some day, I am able to do so, I shall return…

              John Thomas, still adrift in time

            • basenji_luvr@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010
                Oh, I thought you had traced your Thomas family back to Wales. How far back do you have that line?

                From: "John H Thomas Jr" <johnhthomasjr@...>
                Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:44:34 -0500
                To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010

                  Alas, no: I got as far as my grandfather. He was born in Little Chilton colliery in northern England. My great grandfather appears untraceable. I looked in for census reports which might show the family but no luck. I even tried the Mormons (which I just may do again). I have been in touch with Owen Picton who is interested in my DNA as it is close to his.

                  Anyway, I shall keep trying someday I might get lucky.

                  John, adrift in a DNA swamp

                  Oh, I thought you had traced your Thomas family back to Wales. How far back do you have that line?

                  From: "John H Thomas Jr" <johnhthomasjr@...>

                  Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:44:34 -0500

                  To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010
                    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
                    Reply Requested: Friday, February 19, 2010
                    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
                    Don't feel too awfully bad John,
                    answers will come. It just takes time. Trust me. I know the frustration. Hang in there. David

                    David E.Smith
                    TDOT/Reg #3/Right of Way/Excess Land
                    6601 Centennial Bvld, 2nd Floor
                    Nashville, TN 37243
                    David.E.Smith@...
                    (615) 350-4229
                    fax (615) 350-4291/4410

                    From: "John H Thomas Jr" <johnhthomasjr@...>
                    Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:44:34 -0500
                    To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010
                      Thank you, David for the encouraging and kind words. Yes, I'll stick with it, but it sure does seem discouraging..

                      John, leaping from one twig to another.

                      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
                      Reply Requested: Friday, February 19, 2010
                      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*

                      From: "John H Thomas Jr" <johnhthomasjr@...>
                      Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:44:34 -0500
                      To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010
                        Being adopted, I started my search about twenty years ago. Something happened that suddenly started me to thinking about the "other" people involved in my creation. It's been quite a journey and it's not over yet by far. It's very frustrating having a glimmer of vision into your history and being hung up right at the brink. Knowing more about 500 years ago than now. But it's been an adventure and I recommend perseverance.

                        To put it in "Redneck" terms:

                        "GET IN, SIT DOWN, BUCKLE UP AND HANG ON!"

                        So climb in, hang on and stay with me. We'll get there! Meanwhile, enjoy the folks and sights along the way. They're good people. Stay tuned. David

                        Reply Requested: Friday, February 19, 2010

                        From: "John H Thomas Jr" <johnhthomasjr@...>
                        Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:44:34 -0500
                        To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>