Re: [walesdna] L159.2 SNP testing

  • basenji_luvr@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 26, 2009
      R-L21 occurs in Ireland, Great Britain and France to a large extent, as well as other western European countries.
      R-M222 occurs mainly, but not exclusively, in Ireland. Your dad is negative for M222.

      From: "Phylis Deutsch" <phylis_deutsch@...>
      Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 06:21:37 -0600
      To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [walesdna] L159.2 SNP testing

      I'm wondering if you can tell me where the positive L-21 test heralds from?  Is it northern Ireland?  This is kit # 49637 and is my dad-
      William Phillip Vaughan
      R1b1b2a1b5        L11+
      L21+ M126- M153- M160- M173+ M18- M207+ M222- M269+ M343+ M37- M65- M73- P107- P25+ P310+ P311+ P312+ P66- SRY2627- U106- U152- U198-
      Thanks,
      Phylis Vaughn Deutsch

      From: basenji_luvr@ yahoo.com <basenji_luvr@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Re: [walesdna] L159 SNP testing and the 17-14-10 cluster
      To: walesdna@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Saturday, October 3, 2009, 8:48 AM

      The only person in the Wales DNA project who is in WTY is Picton, and he is not R-L21.
      I will check and see if anyone has ordered L159.
      Susan

      From: "Michael Walsh" <mwwalsh7@gmail. com>
      Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:55:13 -0000
      To: <walesdna@yahoogroup s.com>

      Has anyone in the 17-14-10 (old Wales Modal 1) cluster identified by Robert Hughes been engaged in the Walk The Y or L159 testing?

      Several people from the Leinster/Irish Sea Modal group have shown up as L159+ whereas others in R-L21* (which is where 17-14-10 sits) are L159-.

      The significance is that I have found a loose similarity between Leinster and 17-14-10 haplotypes. This may mean nothing, but on the other hand, these folks are right across the Irish Sea from each other.

    • Phylis Deutsch
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 26, 2009
        Thanks for the reply.  Yes, he was negative for M222, but positive for L21.  I'm guessing the two together (if positive) would smack in the middle of being Irish...
        But since not, could still be from Ireland, but also Great Britain, or Celtic..
        Much to learn.
        Thanks again,
        Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 1:18 PM

        From: "Michael Walsh" <mwwalsh7@gmail. com>
        Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:55:13 -0000
        To: <walesdna@yahoogroup s.com>

        Has anyone in the 17-14-10 (old Wales Modal 1) cluster identified by Robert Hughes been engaged in the Walk The Y or L159 testing?

        Several people from the Leinster/Irish Sea Modal group have shown up as L159+ whereas others in R-L21* (which is where 17-14-10 sits) are L159-.

        The significance is that I have found a loose similarity between Leinster and 17-14-10 haplotypes. This may mean nothing, but on the other hand, these folks are right across the Irish Sea from each other.

      • mikewww7
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 26, 2009
          I think people that have some of the key slower moving markers that the Leinster Modal has should consider L159 testing. There may be individuals that don't really fit into any of the known clusters that this may apply to.

          However, the one known cluster that is a clear cluster and has some commonality with the Leinster (some call it the Irish Sea modal) folks, is the 17-14-10 group. They seem to be a cleanly related group of people so I think that if any one of them tests for L159 that's suffices for a start. If that person comes up L159+ then several more should test, but if that person would be L159-, another one may want to test just to be sure, but I think just one test will tell us a lot.

          Mike