Re: Wales/Cymru DNA Project Has 100th Member!!!

  • ljcrain
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 8:28 AM
      Robert There are 92 Y chromosome members. The rest are mtDNA.

      Click on Y chart:

      Scroll to bottom.

      Actually we have 101 now. Another member joined after I sent that.

      This is what I go by:

      This includes new members who have ordered but not received results. Some groups' numbers are artificially inflated by persons who ordered kits and never returned them, etc. But our project has results for every member except one who will soon receive his/her results.

      Janet

    • sheba307tatouage
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 7:09 PM
        Hi Janet, I finally got my father to finish with the test and I
        mailed it out Last Tuesday, I can't wait to hear something back.

        Natalie Parker Lewis in Ohio

        --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "ljcrain" <ljcrain@...> wrote:

        > Robert There are 92 Y chromosome members. The rest are mtDNA.
        >
        > Click on Y chart:
        >

        > http://www.familytreedna.com/public/WalesDNA/
        >
        > Scroll to bottom.
        >
        > Actually we have 101 now. Another member joined after I sent that.
        >
        > This is what I go by:
        >

        > http://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.asp?
        code=S31169&special=True

        > This includes new members who have ordered but not received
        results. Some groups' numbers are artificially inflated by persons
        who ordered kits and never returned them, etc. But our project has
        results for every member except one who will soon receive his/her
        results.

        > Janet

      • Janet Crain
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 7:26 PM
          Natalie; Good for you for hanging in there!

          Janet

          --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "sheba307tatouage"
          <Sheba307tatouage@...> wrote:

          > Hi Janet, I finally got my father to finish with the test and I
          > mailed it out Last Tuesday, I can't wait to hear something back.
          >
          > Natalie Parker Lewis in Ohio
          >
          > --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "ljcrain" <ljcrain@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Robert There are 92 Y chromosome members. The rest are mtDNA.
          > >
          > > Click on Y chart:
          > >

          > > http://www.familytreedna.com/public/WalesDNA/
          > >
          > > Scroll to bottom.
          > >
          > > Actually we have 101 now. Another member joined after I sent
          that.

          > > This is what I go by:
          > >

          > > http://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.asp?
          > code=S31169&special=True
          > >
          > > This includes new members who have ordered but not received
          > results. Some groups' numbers are artificially inflated by persons
          > who ordered kits and never returned them, etc. But our project has
          > results for every member except one who will soon receive his/her
          > results.
          > >
          > > Janet

        • Janet Crain
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 7:27 PM

            <Sheba307tatouage@...> wrote:

            > Hi Janet, I finally got my father to finish with the test and I
            > mailed it out Last Tuesday, I can't wait to hear something back.
            >
            > Natalie Parker Lewis in Ohio
            >
            > --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "ljcrain" <ljcrain@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Robert There are 92 Y chromosome members. The rest are mtDNA.
            > >
            > > Click on Y chart:
            > >

            > > http://www.familytreedna.com/public/WalesDNA/
            > >
            > > Scroll to bottom.
            > >
            > > Actually we have 101 now. Another member joined after I sent
            that.

            > > This is what I go by:
            > >

            > > http://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.asp?
            > code=S31169&special=True
            > >
            > > This includes new members who have ordered but not received
            > results. Some groups' numbers are artificially inflated by persons
            > who ordered kits and never returned them, etc. But our project has
            > results for every member except one who will soon receive his/her
            > results.
            > >
            > > Janet

          • Kim Litzan
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2 8:55 AM
              I think I ordered the wrong test.  Please help.  I am checking on my maternal grandfathers side.  My mothers fathers mother.  I am female.  Does the test need to be done on a male?

              Kimmy
              Descendent of Rice/Rhys line in California

              sheba307tatouage <Sheba307tatouage@...> wrote:
              Hi Janet, I finally got my father to finish with the test and I
              mailed it out Last Tuesday, I can't wait to hear something back.

              Natalie Parker Lewis in Ohio

              --- In walesdna@yahoogroup s.com, "ljcrain" <ljcrain@... > wrote:

              > Robert There are 92 Y chromosome members. The rest are mtDNA.
              >
              > Click on Y chart:
              >

              > http://www.familytr eedna.com/ public/WalesDNA/
              >
              > Scroll to bottom.
              >
              > Actually we have 101 now. Another member joined after I sent that.
              >
              > This is what I go by:
              >

              > http://www.familytr eedna.com/ surname_join. asp?
              code=S31169& special=True

              > This includes new members who have ordered but not received
              results. Some groups' numbers are artificially inflated by persons
              who ordered kits and never returned them, etc. But our project has
              results for every member except one who will soon receive his/her
              results.

              > Janet

              Peaceful be heaven, peaceful the earth, peaceful the broad space between. Peaceful for us be the running waters, peaceful the plants and herbs! Peaceful to us be the signs of the future, peaceful what is done and undone, peaceful to us be what is and what will be. May all to us be gracious!

              -Atharva Veda 19.9
            • Susan Rosine
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2 1:14 PM
                A test on you will tell you your DIRECT MATERNAL DNA.  So, your mom, her mom, her grandmom, etc.
                If you want to know your mom's dad's direct male line, you need a male--either your grandfather, one of his brothers, one of your mom's brothers, or a son/grandson of one of those I listed.
                If you want to know your mom's dad's mother's, you have to get a female descendant--so one of your grandfather's sisters, or the daughters of any of those sisters.  You can do the mtDNA test on a male, but it would have to be the son of the woman you're interested in.
                Just remember, the YDNA test does DIRECT male, and mt DNA does DIRECT female.  Anytime you have male/female mix, the chain is broken, and you have to find someone else to take the test.
                Susan

                sheba307tatouage <Sheba307tatouage@ cinci.rr. com> wrote:
                Hi Janet, I finally got my father to finish with the test and I
                mailed it out Last Tuesday, I can't wait to hear something back.

                Natalie Parker Lewis in Ohio

                --- In walesdna@yahoogroup s.com, "ljcrain" <ljcrain@... > wrote:

                > Robert There are 92 Y chromosome members. The rest are mtDNA.
                >
                > Click on Y chart:
                >

                > http://www.familytr eedna.com/ public/WalesDNA/
                >
                > Scroll to bottom.
                >
                > Actually we have 101 now. Another member joined after I sent that.
                >
                > This is what I go by:
                >

                > http://www.familytr eedna.com/ surname_join. asp?
                code=S31169& special=True

                > This includes new members who have ordered but not received
                results. Some groups' numbers are artificially inflated by persons
                who ordered kits and never returned them, etc. But our project has
                results for every member except one who will soon receive his/her
                results.

                > Janet

                Peaceful be heaven, peaceful the earth, peaceful the broad space between. Peaceful for us be the running waters, peaceful the plants and herbs! Peaceful to us be the signs of the future, peaceful what is done and undone, peaceful to us be what is and what will be. May all to us be gracious!

                -Atharva Veda 19.9

                Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.