Re: Important News - the FTDNA sale many of you have been hoping for!

  • mwwalsh
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31 11:00 AM
      I hope all of the R1b1b2 people who are interested in this noticed that the special price expires this Friday, the fourth.

      There are many R1b1b2 who don't really know their sub-clade because they have not been deep clade (SNP) tested. I expect many of us from Wales will turn out to be R1b1b2a1b5 (R-L21*), R1b1b2a1b (R-P312*) or
      R1b1b2a1b5b (R-M222). However, I do expect some R1b1b2a1b4 (R-U152)
      and R1b1b2a1a (R-U106) as well.

      "The sale price for the Deep R Clade test is $71.20, compared to the regular price of $89." "Orders need to be placed and paid for by September 4, 2009."
      http://www.familytreedna.com/newsletter/archive/facts-and-genes.aspx

      If you are interested, now would be a great time to order the Deep R Clade test.

      Regards, Mike

      --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "basenji_luvr" <basenji_luvr@...> wrote:

      > For those in the Wales DNA Project (or any other FTDNA project for that matter):
      >
      > Family Tree DNA will be switching to SmartMatching soon. SmartMatching will eliminate so-called matches outside one's "haplogroup subclade" from showing up on your Y-DNA Matches tab on your personal myFTDNA page. These are really NOT matches--at least not in any genealogical way.
      >
      > In order to make the best use of SmartMatching, it is important that each man be fully tested for SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms) through Deep Clade Testing. SNPs are simply changes at single places on the Y chromosome. They happen infrequently enough that they can be used to classify large numbers of related men into what are called "haplogroups" and subclades of haplogroups. This is very important to the study of the Welsh genetic makeup! So far, the haplogroup called R-L21* is the most common in our project.
      > See http://www.familytreedna.com/public/WalesDNA/default.aspx?section=yresults
      >
      > If you go to your kit number on the above project web page, you will see that your haplogroup is either in RED, or in GREEN. If it's RED, you have never done any Deep Clade (SNP) testing. If it is in GREEN, you've done some or all of the Deep Clade testing. To see if you are current on testing, or if new SNPs are available to test, go to your personal myFTDNA page, and click on your Haplotree tab. Once on that tab, it will tell you whether you are eligible for Deep Clade testing or not. You may then proceed to order the test from that page.
      >
      > Here's the best part!!!! Right now is a great time to order the Deep Clade test. Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) is offering a 20%-off sale on its 'Deep Clade' and 'Deep Clade Upgrade' tests. But, the sale does not last very long, so don't procrastinate :-) !!!
      >
      > We have many men who have not done ANY Deep Clade testing yet (mainly those who are predicted to be some form R1b1b2). Others have previously done Deep Clade testing but, since new SNPs have been discovered, they are now in need of the Deep Clade Upgrade test. You can see what test you need, and the sale price, by going to your Haplotree tab on your personal page.
      >
      > You can order this test even if you are still waiting for results from other tests. I know several of you upgraded to more markers, and are waiting for those results to come in. The Deep Clade test can be ordered before all your markers results come in.
      >
      > And remember, FTDNA already has your sample stored at the lab, so you will not need to send in another kit!
      >
      > Susan
      > Wales DNA project co-admin

    • jerry williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2009

        Hi,
        I'm sort of new to this could you tell me if these 2 sets of DNA match?
        Jerry

        DYS 393DYS 390DYS 19/394DYS 391DYS 385aDYS 385bDYS 426DYS 388DYS 439DYS 389-1
        13241411111412121213
        DYS 392DYS 389-2DYS 458DYS 459aDYS 459bDYS 455DYS 454DYS 447DYS 437DYS 448
        1329179101111251519
        DYS 449DYS 464aDYS 464bDYS 464cDYS 464dDYS 460GATA H4YCA IIaYCA IIbDYS 456
        30141517171111192315
        DYS 607DYS 576DYS 570CDY aCDY bDYS 442DYS 438
        15171736361212
        Haplogroup:R1b1b2*

        24 14 11 11 14 12 12 12 13 13 29
        PANEL 2 (13-25)
        Locus13141516171819202122232425
        DYS#458459a459b455454447437448449464a** 464b** 464c** 464d**
        Alleles16 9 10 11 11 25 15 19 30 14 15 17 18
        PANEL 3 (26-37)
        Locus26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
        DYS#460GATA H4YCA II aYCA II b456607576570CDY aCDY b442438
        Alleles11 11 19 23 15 15 17 17 36 36 12 12
        *Also known as DYS 394

      • basenji_luvr@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2009
          I can't read this. Your formatting did not come through.
          Your personal myFTDNA page should tell you who your matches are, and how closely you match each other.

          From: jerry williams
          Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:54:55 -0400
          To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [walesdna] Re: Important News - the FTDNA sale many of you have been hoping for!