News from Wales and the World! December 26th - 2008!

  • carwyn edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2008

      Editors notes: This week We have stories from New York, Liverpool and United Arab Emirates!!!!

      Do you want your website to be visited by supporters of Wales from Athens to St Athan then highlight your website with "News from Wales and the World"
      For more information on how to appear on the front end of our newsletter and have a link on our hugely popular news web page please contact us: E-mail: carwynedwards993@... or cymru20012000@...
      Take advantage of our promotional rates and at the same time help the Welsh League of Arizona share Welsh information all over the world!!!!
      Check out these Welsh related websites. We appreciate their support towards our efforts!!!!
      Oceans Apart
      Oceans Apart would like to wish everyone in America , Wales and beyond a Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, and thank you for making 2008 a really special year for us.  Toured the Celtic Festivals all summer, released our 7th CD and first DVD, and were recently awarded 5 stars by Highlander (Celtic) Radio for our  "The Carol-Singing Sea". We look forward to entertaining you in the new year with traditional music from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and North America.
      To take a closer look/listen/book the band/buy a recording, visit us at:
      http://www.oceansapartmusic.com
      Fe Hoffai Oceans apart i ddymuno pawb yn America, Cymru a thu hwnt Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, a'ch diolch chi am wneud 2008 yn flwyddyn mor arbennig i ni. Wedi teithio i'r Gwyliau Celtaidd dros yr haf, wedi rhyddhau'n seithfed albwm a DVD cyntaf, ac yn ddiweddar fe gafodd  "The Carol-Singing Sea" pum seren oddi wrth Highlander (Celtic) Radio. Yr ydym yn edrych ymlaen at eich difyrru chi yn y flwyddyn newydd a cherddoriaeth draddodiadol Gymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon a Gogledd America.
      I wrando ar, gweld, llogi'r band, prynu CD ac ati, ymwelwch at
      http://www.oceansapartmusic.com

      Let it blow wind designs
      Unique gifts that are suitable for anyone... Unique designs and many themes.
      Welsh themed items available but not guaranteed for Christmas delivery outside UK, and within UK only for orders received within next 10 days so please order early.
      Based in Llanelli
      http://www.letitblow.com

      “THE LAND OF YOUR FATHERS ”.
      IDEAL CHRISTMAS STOCKING FILLER FOR ANYBODY PROUD TO BE WELSH!
      “The LAND OF YOUR FATHERS” is DVD of a journey around Wales filmed on a High Definition camera by a Welshman who knows.
      SHOW THE GRANDCHILDREN THE LAND OF THEIR FATHERS.
      "Inspirational! The production is inspirational!" - Gareth Jenkins, former Head Coach of the Welsh Rugby Team.
      "You have captured the beauty of the wildness of Wales .….
      I hope my grandsons, when they see it, will understand my love for my homeland…."
      "I can recommend it to all who love Wales and to those who want to know more about her." Veronica Ellis, New South Wales
      The DVD is available in both PAL and NTSC formats.
      http://www.HendyProductions.co.uk/

      Rainbow Images
      NEW AND IMPROVED WEBSITE  for those special Welsh gifts:
      www.rainbow-images.co.uk

      Please let us know if you have any Announcements/Up coming events/Press releases/Questions or Comments. It's always great to hear from our readers!!! E-mail: carwynedwards993@... or cymru20012000@...
      Latest Welsh News - Newyddion Diweddaraf !
      Full story - click here - http://www.welshleagueofarizona.org/news.html

      -   New York screening for Dylan tale    - Children in schools and hospitals across New York City will get a taste of a classic Welsh Christmas this year.
      A new animated version of Dylan Thomas's A Child's Christmas in Wales has been co-produced by Caernarfon-based production company Cwmni Da.

      -  John Humphries’ account of violent Welsh nationalism in the 20th century  -   A new book has recalled Wales’ forgotten war – when extremists fought with gelignite and firebombs in the name of nationalism. In the first of our two extracts from his work, John Humphries recounts the most violent episodes in a struggle that lasted most of the second half of the last century

      -  Anglesey woman makes saddles for Arab royalty  -   The Al Aryam Arabians stud in Dubai owned by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of the Emirates, has placed one of the largest single orders Anglesey Saddlery has ever been asked to fill.

      -   Liverpool keeps its Welsh connection     - Many of Liverpool’s Victorian terraces, which bear the names of areas labourers who lived there came from, are to be bulldozed despite a long-running campaign.
      But residents have now welcomed a decision to retain the strong Welsh identity contained in such street names as Powis, Kinmel and Treborth.

      -  Final whistle for Ivor the Engine’s creator Oliver Postgate   - characters like Jones the Steam, Dai Station, Idris the Dragon and, of course, Ivor the Engine, will live on despite the death of their creator.

      -   Hicieron una réplica del velero Mimosa   -  EXPOSICION Y FESTIVAL EN LIVERPOOL EN RECUERDO DE LA EPOPEYA GALESA DEL CHUBUT: En la ciudad británica de Liverpool se realizó un festival en homenaje al velero Mimosa y se realizó una réplica conmemorando su viaje a la Patagonia. La obra se expone en el Museo Marítimo de Merseyside y es obra de Tony Fancy.

      - Cynllun yn 'sarhau iaith'     -  Mae trigolion pentref yn Llydaw yn gofidio am fod maer am droi enwau'r strydoedd yn Ffrangeg.

      Readers Comments - Geiriau gan yr darllenwyr!

      A Merry Christmas from the Morriston Orpheus Choir
      Cyfarchion  y  tymor  oddi  wrth  Gôr  Orpheus Treforys
      http://www.morristonorpheus.com/

      Nadolig llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2009 from the
      Cymdeithas Cymry Sydney
      (Welsh Society of Sydney) team.
      Cofion cynnnes Bob Jones (Beth Nesaf webmaster)
      http://www.bethnesaf.org/

      Name: Douglas A,S,Higginson.Esq
      Email: shawland@iinet .net.au
      Visitor Comments:  It is a wonderful way of seeing as to what is going on not only outside of Wales ,but also Australia Where I am.   Just 35 ks from Perth Western Australia.  Diolch yn fawr a Nadolig Llawen i ti  a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.   Douglas.

      To all of Welsh heritage in Wales and here in America, as well as those living around the world, I would like to extend to you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  May 2009 show us more peace and less violence in our world.
      Hope to see some of you at the Heritage festival in Washington, D.C. in the summer of 2009.
      Ken Lonewolf /Shawnee-White Madoc Native American
      Charlotte, N.C.
      Lonewlf99@...

      The team at GlobalWales.com sends warmest greetings for a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year.
      Don't forget - our first networking event takes place in Cardiff on the evening of 8 January. Find out more here.
      GlobalWales
      Networking for Wales at home and around the world.
      http://www.globalwales.com/Default.asp?

      Sefydliad Cenedlaethol Cymru America – National Welsh American Foundation: 2009 ‘Presidents Day Lecture’: Saturday 21 February 2009 at 3PM (2:30PM refreshments) - ‘Barack Obama and the American Presidency: Perspectives and Prospects’ given by Prof Jon Roper (American Studies Dept, Swansea University). Wallace Lecture Theatre, Swansea University campus.
      More info:
      http://www.nwaf-cymru.org/

      Ffrindiau, Amigos, Friends:
      Cyfarchion y Nadolig a dymuniadau gorau ar gyfer y Flwyddyn Newydd.
      Wally a teulu
      Saludos en Navidad y mis mejores deseos para el próximo Año Nuevo.
      Wally y familia
      Merry Christmas and my best wishes for this next New Year.
      Wally and family
      wally@...
      Ariannin/Argentina

      Wedi 2008
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxTcDAcDxE
      Wedi 2008: Am ddeg o'r gloch nos Galan fe fydd rhaglen arbennig ar S4C am ddwy awr yn edrych yn ol ar brif ddigwyddiadau Cymru dros y flwyddyn. Panel arbennig gan gynnwys Vaughan Roderick, Hywel Teifi Edwards, Caryl Parry Jones, Nic Parry, Tudur Owen a Caryl Lewis sydd wedi rhoi'r prif ddigwydiadau mewn trefn o 25 i 1. Mae di bod yn flwyddyn anhygoel ym myd chwaraeon ac fe fydd Bryn Terfel yn son am ei noson gyda Joe Calzaghe yn Las Vegas, Owen Powell yn cofio'r trip i Wembley gyda Chaerdydd ac Arsene Wenger yn son am athrylith Aaron Ramsey a Ramsey ei hun yn hel atgofion.
      Ond bu'n flwyddyn ddiddorol ym myd gwleidyddiaeth hefyd. Bydd Guto Harri yn son am y noson cafodd gynnig job gan Boris, Dafydd Iwan yn son am ei siom wrth golli i Llais Gwynedd ac wrth gwrs bu'n flwyddyn o embaras i sawl gwleidydd arall. Bydd Only Men Aloud yn canu yn y stiwdio ac mae Geraint Lovegreen wedi cyfansoddi can arbennig i gofio'r flwyddyn. Ac ym myd adloniant gewch chi weld pa rif fydd Duffy sy'n son am enwogrwydd, Ysgol Glanaethwy sy'n cofio Last Choir Standing, Ruth Jones yn edrych nol ar flwyddyn fawr i Gavin a Stacey a Rhydian Roberts yn talu teyrnged i Gwion Jones. Heb anghofio wrth gwrs yr arian i Golwg, camp Mererid Hopwood a'r Deri Arms yn llosgi'n ulw. Wedi 2008 : 10yh Nos Galan.
      Wedi 2008:
      At 10 pm on New Year's Eve enjoy a fantastic look back at the year in Wales. We'll be counting the highlights down from 25 to 1 as we celebrate the amazing sporting success of the year with Bryn Terfel's recollections of the trip to Vegas, Owen Powell remembering the road to Wembley and Arsene Wenger praising his young signing Aaron Ramsey. Will Shane beat Nicole Cooke again and where will Swansea City's achievement feature? Only Men Aloud will be in the studio, Duffy will be talking about fame, Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon will look back at another award winning year for Gavin and Stacey, Rhydian and Connie will pay tribute to Gwion Jones as he stars as Oliver, and Gethin Jones remembers his swimming race against David Davies. Wedi 2008: New Year's Eve 10pm.
      Bethan Wyn Evans
      bwevans@...
      Tinopolis PLC

      Karl Jenkins in New York
      Karl Jenkins from Wales is Britain’s biggest-selling living classical composer. He is best known for his Adiemus project which is performed by choirs throughout the world. His work The Armed Man: a Work for Peace was recently voted 8th most popular classical piece ever by listeners to Britain’s radio station Classical FM, putting him next to Elgar and only a few places below Mozart and Rachmaninov.
      He returns to New York on Martin Luther King Day - Jan 19, 2009 – when a concert of his work will be performed at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, including a world premiere performance of Sarikiz and a US premiere of Stabat Mater and Te Deum.
      Distinguished Concerts International is offering a special discount on tickets to friends of the Welsh Assembly Government.
      ORDER NOW and enjoy BIG SAVINGS!
      www.DCINY.org

      Tredegar - South Wales News! 2008 - News Page, please see here
      http://www.tredegar.co.uk/body_2008_news.htm
      To see all the News in December
      http://www.tredegar.co.uk/newsletter1/December_2008_newsletter/
      Tredegar Online Gallery,
      http://www.tredegar.co.uk/gallery/gallery.asp
      This month alone, the Tredegar Online Video Page has been updated with 10 videos. To read all about it see here, or to straight to the Multimedia Page,
      http://www.tredegar.co.uk/multi.htm
      Thanks to all who contribute, and those who care.
      WebTeam@...

      Wales in London
      Cymru yn Llundain
      http://www.walesinlondon.com/

      The Toronto Welsh Male Voice Choirs presented two successful "A Child's Christmas in Wales"
       Concert, selling out 600 seats in Oshawa, Ontario and
      having to turn people away. In Toronto there were 800+.
      The first TWMVC annual "St. David's Day Concert" last year was enjoyed by many.
      Several people purchased "St. David's Day Concert" ~ "Cyngerdd Dydd Gwyl Dewi"
      Tickets as Christmas gifts.
      Perhaps you and/or your friends may like to do the same this year.
      "The music in my heart I bore, Long after it was heard no more."
      You may purchase Tickets online at
      www.ticketweb.ca
      or by phone  416-410-2254 or 1-877-410-2254 (905/705 only). We look forward to seeing you again at the St. David's Day Concert. On behalf of the TWMVC, I wish you Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for 2009."
      Best wishes,
      Bonnie
      Publicity Manager
      TWMVC
      bjbooth@...

      WELSH LEAGUE OF ARIZONA
      Sat. Jan. 3rd Noon to 2:00 at the Irish Cultural Center
      Our January Meeting
      From Princes to Parliament - Government in Wales, Medieval and Modern
      Featured is an outstanding Welsh language documentary (with subtitles) on the life of Owain Glyn Dwr, founder of Wales' first parliament in the 1400s. After the viewing John Good and Carwyn Edwards will talk about the present-day government in Wales. Multimedia offerings from Susy Hopkins with visuals of the Welsh princes and authentic period music will round out the program.
      Start the New Year right. Come to our meeting and wish everyone Blwydden Newydd Dda - Happy New Year!
      http://www.welshleagueofarizona.org/

      Looking for Congress members with Welsh connections?
      In anticipation of Wales being featured as the guest nation at the Smithsonian Festival in Washington DC in 2009, the Welsh Assembly Government and the British Embassy are interested in contacting Senators and Representatives or other government officials working on Capital Hill who are of Welsh descent or connected to Wales.
      If any of the Congressmen or women representing your state have Welsh connections would you please be so kind as to send their names to me.
      Many thanks for your kind cooperation.
      Wishing you a very pleasant holiday season from the Welsh Assembly Government in New York
      Pob bendith dros yr Wyl oddi wrth Lywodraeth Cynulliad Cymru yn Efrog Newydd
      Catrin Brace
      catrin.brace@...

      Department of Welsh at University of Wales Lampeter
      I have contacted you previously when the Department of Welsh at University of Wales Lampeter was the first to offer an accredited Welsh course online in 1999.  It is possible to study for a full BA Honours Degree in Welsh, or Welsh Studies online.  You don’t have to come to Lampeter.  The Department of Welsh has, for several years, asked the University’s Financial Department to reduce the Overseas Fees to undergraduate students who wish to learn, or improve their Welsh.  Previously, the fee for studying Welsh online for Overseas Students was 740 pounds sterling for every 20 credits.  However, the fantastic news is that the Finance Department has agreed to trial a fairer price after long negotiations.  The new fee is 262 pounds sterling for every 20 credit module.  You need to successfully pass 120 credits at Level 1 to achieve a Certificate of Higher Education, 240 credits for a Diploma of Higher Education and 360 credits for a BA Honours Degree.
      I hope that this new information is of benefit to any Welsh person who hopes to gain formal accreditation in the language, history and literature of Wales.
      Should you require any further information, you’re welcome to contact me.
      Pob hwyl
      Linda
      l.jones@...

      Gwefan Newydd i Ddysgwyr/New Website for Learners?
      New Service for Learners A quick note to say that there'll be a new service for Welsh learners on the
      www.s4c.co.uk
      website from 6 January 2009.
      Gair byr i ddweud y bydd gwasanaeth newydd i ddysgwyr ar
      www.s4c.co.uk
      o 6 Ionawr ymlaen.

      WELSH AMERICAN SOCIETY OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
      ANNUAL 12TH NIGHT /NOSON LAWEN CELEBRATION
      DATE:SATURDAY JANUARY 10, 2009
      LOCATION:MARINES' MEMORIAL CLUB, SAN FRANCISCO
      TIME:5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
      COST:MEMBERS AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY $50 PER PERSON
      NON-MEMBERS $65 PER PERSON
      FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT MICHAEL COLEMAN  Michael@... or call 510-451-6796,
      Thank you
      Ann Williams
      Editor, Pethau Cymraeg
      WASNC Newsletter

      Ten Drawings by Leonardo da Vinci at The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
      To celebrate the sixtieth birthday of HRH The Prince of Wales, ten of the Royal Collection’s finest drawings by the Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) will be shown in The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth for the first time. The Royal Collection contains the world’s most important group of the artist’s drawings. These delicate works are preserved in the Royal Library at Windsor Castle and are among the greatest treasures of the Collection.
      The exhibition will be on show at The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth from 8 November 2008 – 7 February 2009.  Admission is free.  For further information concerning the Library opening hours visit our website
      www.llgc.org.uk

      Coast2Coast-USA Cycle Challeneg / Noahs Ark Appeal - Childrens Hospital for Wales.
      Since the last newsletter, we've made contact with people in Taos, New Mexico; Austin, Texas and Orlando, Florida. We are currently adjusting our route slightly to bypass these towns, and catch up with our new found mates who are willing to help us promote the charity and challenge / organise a few fundraisers / host us for a night.
      We are looking to make new links along the route, so if there are any more of you out there who are willing to assist us with this challenge, please get in touch. We are leaving Los Angeles (Santa Monica) on Friday 20th March, and arriving at St. Augustine on Saturday 4th April. We are looking for help around Las Vegas, the 'Mesa Verde' region, Lubbock, Texas; and anywhere along the Gulf Coast between Galveston, Texas and the Florida coastline.
      Any support would be mostly appreciated. Diolch o galon i chi sydd wedi cefnogi ni'n barod. Many thanks to those of you who have already supported us.
      Am fwy o wybodaeth amdano'r her ar elusen, ewch i www.coast2coast-usa.org.
      For more information on the challeneg and the charity, please visit www.coast2coast-usa.org
      Edrychwn ymlaen at sefydlu rhagor o gysylltiadau yn yr UDA - We look forward to making more links in the US.
      Diolch, Thanks,
      Gareth Evans
      g_evans1981@...

      Chicago Welsh latest
      Welsh Calendar of Events - Winter 2008/2009
      As always there is a great line up of Welsh events to get you outside and keep you moving over the cold winter months.
      Aside from the Autumn rugby internationals, there are screenings of the new 2008 animated version of the Dylan Thomas classic 'A Child's Christmas in Wales' at local area libraries, a off kilter Holiday Sing-A-Long with Welsh expat entertainer Judith Owen and an art exhibit by the notorious Welsh musician Jon Langford and much more are among the lineup of quality events.
      For more information on these and other events please email us at : WelshChicago@...
      Hwyl
      The Chicago Tafia Welsh Society
      www.MySpace.com/ChicagoTafia
      www.geocities.com/TheChicagoTafia

      Sydney Welsh Choir
      SYDNEY WELSH CHOIR CALENDAR
      January 2009
      Monday 26 January at 11.00am & 1.00pm: Sing at Australia Day Celtic Festival at Bradfield Park.
      http://www.swc.org.au/events.html

      Wales International Business Wales, part of the Welsh Assembly Government, specializes in supporting companies
      with their European expansion plans. Our aim…...to convince you that Wales is worthy of your
      consideration as a place to locate, relocate or expand your business. For further information
      please visit….. www.ibwales.com. If you would like a copy of our monthly newsletter ‘Resource: Wales’
      please contact Mel Hiscox at the Wales International Center in New York on
      mel.hiscox@...
      http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:7609.1225872347/rid:eeecf00c71761bc042a764c91a0275a0

      Cymry Llundain / London Welsh
      Event Guide
      http://www.anoeth.demon.co.uk/digwyddiadur.html
      For further info
      please contact:
      Theo Brueton
      tblw@...

      If you have any interesting websites associated with Wales/North America and the rest of the world let us know we will give it a link on our next Newsletter!!!!

      Greetings from Wales !!  Cyfarchion  o Gymru !!!
      Have you seen the Welsh tourism web-sites linked to
      www.visit-wales.co.uk  ?
      There are some nice photographs.Have a look at :-
      www.visitaberaeron.com
      www.visittenby.com ;
      www.visit-cardiff.co.uk
      www.visit-cardigan.co.uk
      www.cardiganisland.com
      www.visit-swansea.co.uk
      www.visitllandysul.com
      www.visit-borth.co.uk

      NINNAU means "us" or "we also" and is pronounced "nin-eye." Answering the need for a stronger link between the many Welsh communities of North America. http://www.ninnau.com

      Welsh recipe of the week! Any recipes your proud of please let us know and we will share it with the Welsh World!!!!
      Big Thanks to Owen Jones from Barry, Vale of Glamorgan for the below recipe!
      Green Tomato Chutney.
      I have no guarantee whether this is an authentic Welsh recipe, but it is the one used by the grand-parents of a friend of mine.
      8 lbs. green tomatoes 3 lbs. shallots or onions
      2 lbs. cooking apples 2 pints vinegar
      2 oz. root ginger 10 red chillies
      1 lb. seedless raisins/dates 4 tsp. salt
      2 lbs. sugar
      Wash and chop the tomatoes, peel and chop the onions or shallots, peel, core and chop the apples and chop the dates. Put the tomatoes, shallots or onions and the apples in a large, heavy-based pan with half the vinegar. Bring to the boil then gently cook for about 30 minutes until tender. Tie the chillies and root ginger in a muslin bag, bruise with a hammer and add to the pan with the raisins and chopped dates. Cook, stirring from time to time until the mixture thickens, after about 1 hour. Add the salt, sugar and the rest of the vinegar, stirring well until the sugar dissolves. Continue cooking, pressing the bag of spices occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is thick. Clean and warm the jars ready for potting. Remove the muslin bag and pot while the chutney is still warm and seal.
      Leave for 6 weeks to mature.
      http://welsh-recipes.the-real-way.com/

      If you wish to discuss or debate everything about Wales and Welshness please join our Yahoo group. You don't have to be from Arizona or even Welsh to join. Just a healthy interest in the Welsh Current Affairs/Language and Culture -
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WelshLanguageofAz

      Gwersi Cymraeg all over the world!!!!!!!!!!

      Boston Welsh Lessons - Dysgwch Gymraeg yn Boston
      Aled Llion Jones, currently teaching Welsh at Harvard University, is offering free evening classes in Cambridge. Classes for beginners meet on Wednesday evenings.
      Further details:
      www.freewebs.com/cymrodorion.
      Contact ajones@...
      Diolch yn fawr!
      Aled

      Ontario Canada
      AWR SGWRSIO
      Dewch ac ymunwch gyda ni i sgwrsio yn Gymraeg. ‘Rydym yn dechrau grwp newydd sydd am gwrdd bob mis i ymarfer yr iaith wrth drafod bob math o bynciau.
      LLE?   Tafarn Y Clock Tower, 575 Stryd Bank
      PA AMSER?  7-9 p.m.
      PA DDIWRNOD?  nos Lun olaf pob mis
      Bydd croeso cynnes i bawb sydd yn siarad Cymraeg neu yn ei dysgu.
      Mae’r cyfarfod cyntaf am saith o’r gloch, Nos Lun, Ionawr 26.
      Ffoniwch Alison Lawson 613-725-2704 neu Glenson Jones 613-592-8957 am fwy o wybodaeth.
      CALLING ALL WELSH SPEAKERS AND PEOPLE LEARNING TO SPEAK WELSH
      Come and join a new group which is being set up to give everyone the opportunity to speak Welsh on a regular basis. We will meet once a month, on the last Monday of each month from 7-9 p.m. at the Clock Tower Pub, 575 Bank Street. This pub is easily accessible from the Queensway in both directions. Everyone is welcome-please come and support us.
      Our first meeting will be on Monday, January 26th.
      Please phone Alison Lawson 725-2704 or Glenson Jones 592-8957 for more information.
      Paul W. Birt, PhD
      Chaire d'Études celtiques,
      Université d'Ottawa,
      70, rue Laurier,(131)
      Ottawa,
      K1N 6N5
      Ontario
      Canada
      www.modernlanguages.uottawa.ca/celtic.html
      Tél. (613)562-5800(3767)
      Téléc/Fax (613)562-5138.

      St. David's Society of Pittsburgh
      Welsh language class sponsored by the St. David's Society of Pittsburgh will begin our sessions on
      Wednesday Sept. 17th and run for 12 weeks on Wednesdays.
      The class will again be held in Room 1228 at the Cathedral of Learning on the University of Pittsburgh's
      main campus. Classes will run from 6:30 p.m until 8:30 p.m. The first hour will be for members and
      new members to review. The second hour will be for returning members. There is a $10 dollar fee for
      end of the year activities and gift for the instructor. Come and help keep the language alive.
      You can contact me at Reddragondale@... or
      412-795-4950 for further information.
      Diolch yn fawr,
      Dale Richards

      WELSH CLASSES IN THE BRADFORD AREA, WEST YORKSHIRE
      Sut mae'r hwyl? We are just about to re-start our Welsh classes for 2008/9. The beginners' class starts Monday, 15th September, the advanced class begins on Tuesday, 16th September DYDD OWAIN GLYND^WR! These are both evening classes 7.00 - 9.00 in Keighley. There is also a fortnightly class on a Thursday afternoon, in the homes of the learners in rotation. This is in the North/West Bradford area. Lessons are from 2.00 - 4.00 followed by tea and buns! A monthly Welsh conversation group: Bradford Welsh Clwb Clebran, meets on the second Wednesday of every month from 7.00 onwards at a bar in central Bradford. Contact Eileen Walker
       for further information: 01535 665829/07931 466810
      Jim Walker
      jimwalker@...

      Colorado Welsh Society
      Event date:  Sept. 30, 2008
      Welsh Language Classes Start Sept. 30
      The Colorado Welsh Society will offer another year of Welsh language classes, starting Sept. 30 and running through May.  Beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels will be taught.
      Classes meet on the campus of the Archdiocese of Denver, at 1300 S. Steele St., conveniently located on Louisiana St. between University Blvd. and Colorado Blvd., a few blocks north of I-25.
      Classes are free to members of CWS, and the Society is open to people from all backgrounds.
      For more information on Welsh language classes,  contact Elis Owens 303-427-7188, elism@....

      Toronto
      Dewi Sant Welsh United Church in Toronto,
       This will be the 15th year for the classes.  For more information, students can go to the Dewi Sant Welsh United Church website
      http://www.dewisant.com/dosbarth/index.html
      John Otley,
      Tiwtor Cymraeg / Welsh Tutor
      TiwtorCymraeg@...

      Welsh language lessons in the Minneapolis For Welsh language lessons in the Minneapolis areacontact Laurel Bradshaw at llawryf@... . I havestudents at a variety of levels, so feel free to jumpin any time! Time and place is arranged among the students.Laurel Bradshaw llawryf@...

      Awstralia
      Melbourne
      Come and join the Welsh Classes run by Tafod y Cymry. They are held in the city centre at 7.00pm on a Tuesday night at the Celtic Club, 316-320 Queen St (Cnr Queen and La Trobe Sts). The Tara Bar for the Welsh Night and a pint at around 8.45pm wada@... to check term dates

      Sydney, Welsh Classes Learn Cymraeg (Welsh) at West Ryde on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm (best to arrive at 6:30 pm to socialise with fellow class members beforehand). Easy walk from West Ryde railway station.
      All levels catered for: beginners to advanced.
      For information on language classes please contact Gary O'Shea:
      Tel 02 9807 5265

      Welsh League of Arizona hosts Welsh Classes all year round. For further information please contact them directly - tel: 623 939 0209 or e-mail: AZWELSH@.... For further information about our activities please check out their website: www.welshleagueofarizona.org Want to learn the basics of Welsh check this section: http://www.welshleagueofarizona.org/cymraeg.html

      Welsh Lessons in Chicago  Contact Winston Evans at winstone@... for further details of times and locations of Welsh Lessons in the Chicago area.
      Please forward this newsletter to whoever you think might be interested or pass on their e-mail address to us. If you receive duplications please let us know!! We do apologies we have over 19,000 e-mail addresses on the mailing list and growing quickly!!!

      Please sign our guestbook it's great hearing from you - http://www.efreeguestbooks.com/mg/guest.pl?61331:9:0
      Dwedodd Dewi Sant/Saint David said"Gwnewch y pethau bychain"
      "Do the little things"
      Carwyn Lloyd Edwards
      1109 E Del Rio Street
      Gilbert
      Arizona
      85295
      Tel: 480 560 1577 neu 480 963 1673 fax: 480 963 1673
      carwynedwards993@...

      Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger. Try it Now!