News from Wales and the World! March 29th - 2008!

  • carwyn edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2008

      Editors notes:
      We have at the moment over 700 people sign the petition to recognize "Tywysog Madog" landing in Mobile Bay, Alabama.  Please forward the petition to anybody you know who would support the effort!
      We also thank Daily Post, North Wales Pionner, BBC and Golwg magazine in showing interest in the Alabama Welsh campaign!
      Radio interview
      BBC News article!
      Who needs Columbus when we have our very own Welsh explorer we can be proud of in our rich and colourful history!!!!
      Take advantage of our promotional rates and at the same time help the Welsh League of Arizona promote Wales - the language, culture and information around the world. Highlight your website with us. We have boosted websites traffic from 70 hits a day to 1500 hits a day after appearing in our Newsletter for only one week!! We have around 16,500 + and growing every day, our readers include: Welshexpats/politicians/journalists/authors/academics/poets/rock stars/business people and a global audience for whatever personal reason are mad about Wales! "Latest News from Wales - Newsletter" is the place to be! For more information how to appear on the front end of our newsletter please contact us: E-mail: carwynedwards993@... or cymru20012000@...

      Please check out these Welsh related websites. Their support helps our activities!
      The Land of Your Fathers
      Siwrne o gwmpas Cymru yw “The Land of Your Fathers” gyda cherddoriaeth Ryland Teifi yn gwmni.
      “The Land of Your Fathers ” is a film of a journey around Wales accompanied by the haunting music of Ryland Teifi .
      "Inspirational! The production is inspirational!" - Gareth Jenkins, former Head Coach of the Welsh Rugby Team.
      You have captured the beauty of the wildness of Wales .….
      Although I cannot travel far now, I know that I can just watch this moving tribute to my home and revel in its beauty once again….
      I can recommend it to all who love Wales and to those who want to know more about her.”
      - Veronica Ellis , New South Wales .
      Mae’r DVD ar gael mewn PAL neu NTSC.
      The DVD is available in both PAL and NTSC formats.
      I wybod mwy,cliciwch ar y linc:
      Click on the link to find out more:

      Please let us know if you have any Announcements/Up coming events/Press releases/Questions or Comments. It's always great to hear from our readers!!! E-mail: carwynedwards993@... or cymru20012000@...

      Latest Welsh News - Newyddion Diweddaraf !
      Full story - click here - http://www.welshleagueofarizona.org/news.html
      -  Anthem ban   - BOXING fans have been banned from singing the Welsh national anthem ahead of Joe Calzaghe’s fight with Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas.
      - Wales has highest death rate in Iraq after US   -  THE death rate of Welsh soldiers in Iraq is second only to the losses sustained by the US, figures have revealed.
      - Facebook group explains just where Wales is  -  IT’S a situation many of us have faced on trips abroad – you say you’re from Wales only for someone to respond, “That’s in England, right?”

      -  Historian claims Welsh regiment’s exploits overlooked   - According to ex-soldier and Swansea University history lecturer Jon Latimer, the exploits of the 41st (Welsh) Regiment of Foot who fought to defend Canada in the 1812 war with America have been largely overlooked.
      -  'BBC attitude to Wales was patronising'   -  A FORMER leading BBC correspondent has revealed the negative and patronising attitudes displayed by London-based managers at the corporation towards coverage of Wales.
      -  Brussels couple look for Welsh speaker -  ONE parent is Welsh, the other is Spanish, but they speak French to each other.
      Meanwhile, their one-year-old son speaks Spanish to his mother, Welsh to his father, attends a Dutch creche and will also need to learn French and English as he grows up.

      - Hopkins targeted for Welsh choir film   - A DIRECTOR working on the film version of a Welsh male voice choir’s meteoric rise to stardom wants to sign up one of Hollywood’s biggest A-listers for the project.
      -  Pwy oedd ar Bont Trefechan?     - Mae Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru yn ceisio dod o hyd i'r bobl wnaeth gymryd rhan yn un o brotestiadau mwyaf hanesyddol Cymru

      Readers Comments - Geiriau gan yr darllenwyr!
      New Zealand
      It was our pleasure to loan you the coach to enable you to collect this trophy. In return perhaps you could arrange for a Welsh Choir to visit us in the Antipodes - Have had Morriston a few times and they were excellent  so another n ew  choir would be welcome!
      Peter Harris,
      Christchurch NZ

      Proud to say that I'm signatory #607; hopefully the petitition will have its desired effect, and for those of us not in Alabama, hopefully someone will let us all know the outcome.
      Thanks for allowing us the opportunity.
      (The Rev'd. Canon) Paul Williams
      Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Canada
      Y mae Duw yn bwydo'r brain (God feedeth the ravens)
      Amy Evans REMEMBERED?
      Dear Wales in America,
      My name is Blue MacAskill, I am the artist-in-Residence at The
       National Library of Wales, in Aberystwyth.
       I am putting a project together here, I am in residence till jan 2009.
       I want to look into Amy Evans' last public concert and find out if
       anyone has a recording of it. It would have been in 1975?????
      AMY EVANS (1884 - 1983) She last sang in public for the Welsh Women's Clubs of America at the
       age of 91! Can anyone help me, or remember this, or know who I can get in touch  with who knows????
       Help please????
      Does anyone have an email or another contact for
       Women's Welsh Clubs of America
       Mrs Nancy Thompson
       22199 Center Ridge Road
       Rocky River, OH 44116
      and I really enjoyed looking at all your websites and news.
      Blue MacAskillArtist Preswyl / Resident Artist
      Adran Gwasanaethau Cyhoeddus / Department of Public Services
      Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru / The National Library of Wales
      SY23 3
      BUMobile (+44) 07986 557 807
      Ffon / Phone (+44) 01970 632822
      Ffacs / Fax (+44) 01970 632882

      Lackawanna County, PA
      Just a note to announce that a CD was made of the Pontarddulais Male
      Choir concert and gymanfa at Saint Stephen's in Wilkes-Barre, PA, Oct.
      14th, 2007.
      Jerry Williams

      Welsh League of Arizona
      Cynghrair Cymreig Arizona!
      12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.
      Irish Cultural Center
      1106 N. Central Ave., Phoenix
      "Networking -- Welsh League Style"
      All are welcome to help/suggest new ideas to raise the profile of Wales in Arizona!!

      Chicago Spring Gymanfa Ganu, sponsored by The CambrianBenevolent Society of Chicago, will be held at 2:30 PM on SundayApril 13 at The Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church, 744 Fair OaksAve., in Oak Park IL. Our COnductor will be Roy Morris,President of the Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Association, andthe organist will be Dianne McCarty, of the Chicago area. A TeBach will follow, in the church parlor.
      barbara Jones

      Birmingham, England
      Birmingham Cymrodorion Concert.?
       The Annual Concert of the Birmingham and District Cymrodorion Society will be held on Saturday 12th April, 2008 at 7.30 p.m. at Bethel Chapel, Holloway Head, BIRMINGHAM. The guests this year are the HOGIAR DOWYLAN MALE VOICE CHOIR from North Wales. The Choir was formed over 40 years ago and are frequent National Eisteddfod winners and have taken part in concerts at home and in Europe. They have a varied and exciting repertoire under their Conductor and Musical Director, llid Anne Jones B.Mus. M.Phil.  Entrance to the Concert is £12 - payabvle at the door.
      Further details frm Glyn Thomas 0182767545  or Secretary Mrs Olga Harris 01217451483.
      Alan Hafod

      Ma ANKSTMUSIK yn cynnal noson o ffilmie am y grwp DATBLYGU draw yn sinema y
      DRWM yn y LLYFRGELL GENEDLAETHOL yn ABERYSTWYTH ar nos Wener y 25ain o
      EBRILL .
      Mae'r noson yn cael eu chynal i ddathlu ymddangosiad y CD -
      Manylion pellach / tocynna ( nifer cyfyngiedig ar gael)  www.ankst.co.uk

      ANKSTMUSIK are hosting an evening of films about the legendary Welsh language group DATBLYGU over at
      the DRUM cinema at the NATIONAL LIBRARY in ABERYSTWYTH on Friday the 25th of
      April . This evening is organised to coincide with the launch of the new CD -
      Details / tickets ( limited) www.ankst.co.uk

      by John F. Wake
      'The Great Little Trains' of Wales were in full steam at Easter. So many railways, narrow and standard gauge, in one small country it makes you wonder why?   Entrepeneurism, business, enthusiasm, nostalgia or something else?  One of the assets of a small country is the 'begatting' effect!  One begats the other and so on. The WELSH HIGHLAND is the latest line to show the world what Wales is made of. A most amazing accomplishment which runs through some of the most majestic and dramatic scenery in Britain in North Wales.  One could spend weeks in Wales just enjoying the scenery by travelling on the 'great little trains'. I travelled the BRECON MOUNTAIN RAILWAY. The trains on Good Friday were full of tourists from all over Europe (especially Czech Republic for some reason) and it indicates the 'seduction' these railways have.  Have a look at the Brecon Mountain Railway and see why Wales is at the forefront of 'railway tourism' in the U.K.
      ps. Today I obtained my F.A. CUP tickets for Cardiff City when they play at WEMBLEY stadium on April 6th. To those who do not understand the cup it is the biggest accolade in domestic British football to win it. This is the semi-final, so we are one game away!! Great for Wales if City can win.  Also good luck to Swansea City who are now sure fired bankers to gain promotion this season. Wrexham are struggling but there is a glimmer of a chance that they may stay in the football league. Good luck to them!

      On April 23rd Geraint Talfen Davies reviews his new book At Arms Length at an early evening event at the Arts Club, Dover Street (17.30 for 18.00 with the "official" evening closing at 20.00). See the webpage www.walesinlondon.com under Events.
      Col. Alfred Reese Youth Scholarships for NAFOW, Chicago 2008!
      With the presence of so many young people in the C?r Aelwyd CFl choir, the 2008 North American Festival of Wales is sure to have a youthful spirit this year. Steps are being taken, however, to encourage even more young people to participate and share in this celebration of our Welsh heritage and culture.
      The National Welsh-American Foundation (NWAF) is creating a scholarship this year to support the participation of youth (age 16 to 25) in the 2008 North American Festival of Wales, Chicago. Although the details were still in development at the time of printing, it is understood that scholarship funds will cover the expense of registration and events. For updates and an application, please contact the WNGGA headquarters at wngga@... or 810 632-7850.
      The scholarships are named in honor of Col. Alfred Reese, long-time leader and benefactor of the Welsh American community who passed away in 2007. With a military career spanning World War II, the Korean War and Vietnam, Col. Reese was a respected and well-decorated veteran. When he retired from the US Army in 1975, Col. Reese returned home to Pennsylvania and took up an active civic life. His primary concern was to foster his Welsh heritage. He provided outstanding service to the Welsh American community as a leader of local groups like the St. David’s societies in Schuylkill and Carbon counties, of regional groups like the Pennsylvania Welsh Federation and national organizations like the National Welsh-American Foundation and the Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Association. He received many prestigious honors for his work as a Welsh American cultural leader. The new scholarship directed at youth participation in the North American Festival of Wales is indeed a fitting tribute to his memory.
      Lorena Bennett, CPS/CAP
      Executive Secretary/Office Manager
      143 Sunny Hillside Rd., Benton, PA 17814-7822
      T: 570-925-NWAF (6923)  F: 570-925-6735
      E: nwaf@...  W: www.wales-usa.org & www.nwaf-cymru.org
      Shannon Mercer - Soprano

      Ottawa Welsh Society
      Stories from the Mabinogion
      Thursday April 10th
      Great Canadian Theatre Company Studio
      1233 Wellington at Holland (613) 236-5196
      $15, $10 seniors and students
      The Ottawa Welsh Society is pleased to announce this exciting event which is being organized in cooperation with the Story Tellers of Ottawa. Tickets are now on sale at the GCTC. Please support this effort as we hope to continue to collaborate with the Story Tellers group and our presence there, in numbers, will tell them that we are interested.  Also, why don’t you plan on having a delicious snack or dessert at the GCTC’s new cafe, run by "Thyme and Again", before the show.
      For more information, please contact Alison Lawson
      613-725-2704 or alisonlawson@...
      Burlington Welsh Male Chorus
      The Burlington Welsh Male Chorus www.burlingtonwelshmalechorus.com will be touring New York & Boston, starting Sept 12th thru 20th.2008.  Singing at Carnegie Hall on the 16th. From Burlington Ontario Canada, having had a successful tour last year of the UK and singing at the Royal Albert Hall, was such a wonderful experience. Now they are preparing for New York and are hoping to meet many more Welsh ( and wanabe)Welsh friends. For more info please check out www.burlingtonwelshchorus.com
      St David's Day was again a sold out event at the Burlington Centaurs Rugby Club., Burlington Ontario. The famous "fagot kings"(the William Brothers, Ray & Adrian), excelled them selves again with their tasty meals for  over 60 people, of fagggots & peas and mint sauce(yum). The leek & potato soup was delicious , as always and the welsh cakes and bara brith, went down a treat. Then the local talent started, with our MC and fountain of knowledge, John Truman. Then the musical entertainment from many of our talented singers, Ang & Gerry Hubbell, Kay Lewis, Dai Paul, Craig Howells, Cye Beechey, GUITARIST JULIAN MURRAY. We always make some "Englishman" an honouree "Welshman" with a bardic ceremony and make them eat a leek and wash it down with a pint of beer.Then our famous "mini choir" part of the Burlington Welsh Male Chorus, sang "Tom Jones come Home "written by John Langford,a Newport boy, from their famous Day Boo, at the Chicago Celtic Festival last September .We ended with our National Anthem. We are all looking forward to next years event, and are hoping for a larger venue, so more can partake in this awesome yearly event.
      From Kay Lewis(unofficial social secretary/entertainer/artist)
      Kay Lewis

      People in Planes
      A really good Welsh band called People in Planes is on tour in the US in March/April, tour dates are below:
      4/1/2008 - Jammin' Java Vienna, VA
      4/3/2008 - Northern Lights Clifton Park, NY
      4/4/2008 - Tritone Philadelphia, PA
      4/11/2008 - Fat Jimmy's Kent, OH
      4/12/2008 - Roller Boogie 3 Pittsburgh, PA
      4/13/2008 - Peabody's Virginia Beach, VA
      4/14/2008 - The Intersection Grand Rapids, MI
      4/16/2008 - Upfront & Company Marquette, MI
      4/16/2008 - Upfront & Company Marquette, MI
      4/17/2008 - Upfront & Company Marquette, MI
      4/18/2008 - The Encore Stevens Point, WI
      4/19/2008 - Cubby Bear Chicago, IL

      Wisconsin Dells, WI:  A Welsh Weekend for Everyone / Penwythnos Gymreig i Bawb,
       May 3 and 4.  May 3 program 9:15 a.m. -2:45 p.m, includes games, singing, dancing, making Welsh cakes, learning Welsh  followed by Prynhawn Llawen for people of all ages, at United Presbyterian Church, Wisconsin Dells.
      May 4,  Wisconsin State Gymanfa Ganu, 2:30 p.m. at at United Presbyterian Church, 730 Cedar Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI, Rev. Joe Corbin conducting..
      Register early for special hotel rates ($139.00 per double queen-bed room+ 4 water park passes) at Kalahari Resort.
      To register, go to website: http://www.ripon.edu/academics/faculty/nortonm/penwythnos.html
      Mona Everett
      Bryn Terfel Alert!
      Bryn, accompanied by Malcolm Martineau, will be at Carnegie Hall on Friday, April 25, 2008.  The good seats are going fast.  (Although there really aren't any bad seats at CH, but some obstructed views on the sides.)
      Torry Watkins
      2008 Welsh events in Patagonia:
       Update please
      TRELEW SAINT DAVID´S SOCIETY ANNIVERSAY DINNER on Saturday, March 15th, in Trelew.
      Semana Santa -  Easter week - Y Pasg
      In Gaiman, Chubut from april 1th to april 8 th 2008
      Eisteddfod Trevelin
      In Trevelin, Chubut  from may  2 and 3 th   2008
      Gwyl y Glaniad
      In Porth Madryn, Gaiman, Trelew. from july 27 th to july 29 th 2008
      Eisteddfod de la Juventud - Youth Eisteddfod - Eisteddfod y plant
      In Gaiman, Chubut from september 11 th to september 14 th 2008
      Eisteddfod del Chubut - Eisteddfod y  Wladfa
      In Trelew, Chubut from october  23 th to october  26 th  2008
      You are Welcome!!
      TRIP PATAGONIA : Hydref - Tachwedd , 2008
      Gaiman, Porth Madryn, Trelew.
      Also to visit Buenos Aires , Bariloche, Esquel, Trevelin, El Calafate Glaciers and Iguazú Falls
      Diddordeb ?   Interested?
      For more information contact us: ariannin@...
      "Ty ´r Haul  Gaiman"
      tourist office in Gaiman and Buenos Aires
      Mirna Jones  &  Armando Ferreira
      The St. David's Society of Pittsburgh
      The Grand Opening/Dedication Ceremony for the Welsh Nationality Room at the University of Pittsburgh will be held on Sunday, June 1, 2008, beginning at 3:00 PM in the historic Heinz Chapel.  After the Program, there will be a reception in the Commons Room of the Cathedral of Learning and tours of the newly-finished Room.  This is a historic occasion which is not to be missed!  More details will follow, but save the date.
      Dave Williams (peggie@...

      Sydney Welsh Choir
      2008 Schedule!
      30 March 2008 Sing at St Ives Showground for Ku-Ring-Gai Rotary Club Garden Festival at 2 pm.
      5 April 2008 Concert at St Matthew's Anglican Church, West Pennant Hills, at 7.30 pm.
      25 April 2008 Choir sings at official Anzac Day Service at Hyde Park South 12.00 pm
      4 May 2008 Concert at Frank Vickery Village, Sylvania, at 2 pm.
      18 May 2008 Concert at Brentwood Village Auditorium, Kincumber, at 2 pm.
      31 May 2008 Concert at Ryde Eastwood RSL Club at 8 pm.

      Upcoming Welsh Events in Chicago Winter/Spring
      The Chicago Tafia Welsh Society
      www.MySpace.com/ChicagoTafia - www.YouTube.com/ChicagoTafia

      Welsh Choir of Southern California
      Calender for 2008

      MAY 2-4TH.2008
      The Ontario Gymanfa Ganu Association is pleased to announce that they will  be holding their annual Ontario Welsh Festival in Stratford this coming year.
      The festival is a celebration of Welsh music and culture, and draws visitors from all over Canada , the United States and Wales . It started in Niagara Falls in 1961, and has travelled throughout the province from Ottawa to Windsor since then.
      We  hope to see many of our American friends at this event, as Stratford is very convenient for the North Eastern States. It is only three hours from Buffalo or 5 hours from Syracuse .
      It promises to be a great weekend. Mark your calendars now: May 2-4th. Where? The Arden Park Hotel, Stratford . Book your room now by phoning 1-877-788-8818. And don’t forget to check our website for the latest updates: www.ontariowelshfestival.ca  or phone 613-725-2704 or 519-681-8995.

      Who Do You Think You Are, Olympia, London, 2 - 4 May
      Welsh ancestry research
      Who Do You Think You Are- Live!
      Genealogical experts from *The National Library of Wales* will be
      present at the "Who Do You Think You Are- Live" exhibition at the Grand
       Hall, Olympia, London,  Friday - Sunday,  2 - 4 May 2008.  A great
      opportunity to discuss and learn about *Welsh ancestry research*
      resources at the Library.
      A workshop dedicated to *Welsh Family History at The National Library
      of Wales* (Society of Genealogists) will be held on Sunday 4 May, 1.45 -
      2.30pm. Pre-booking  is essential to avoid disppointment.
      For further information check the website
      www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.co.uk and www.llgc.org.uk

       Wales International Business Wales, part of the Welsh Assembly Government, specializes in supporting companies
      with their European expansion plans. Our aim…...to convince you that Wales is worthy of your
      consideration as a place to locate, relocate or expand your business. For further information
      please visit….. www.ibwales.com. If you would like a copy of our monthly newsletter ‘Resource: Wales’
      please contact Mel Hiscox at the Wales International Center in New York on

      Cymry Llundain / London Welsh Event Guide
      For further info please contact:Theo Brueton tblw@...
      If you have any interesting websites associated with Wales/North America and the rest of the world let us know we will give it a link on our next Newsletter!!!!
      At SizeOfWales.co.uk a set of conversion utilities for lengths, heights, areas, volumes and weights will enable you to express your feature of interest in terms of something more familiar.

      Cymru - Home & Gifts
      NINNAU means "us" or "we also" and is pronounced "nin-eye." Answering the need for a stronger link between the many Welsh communities of North America. http://www.ninnau.com
      Welsh recipe of the week! Any recipes your proud of please let us know and we will share it with the Welsh World!!!!
      Jam Roly Poly Pudding

      Suet Pastry
      8 ounces self raising flour
      4 ounces shredded suet or grated frozen butter
      cold water, to mix
      5-6 tablespoons jam, of your choice or golden syrup
      butter, for greasing
      1Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
      2Grease/line a large rectangular baking tray - about 12 x 9 inches.
      3In a large bowl, mix the flour, suet and salt together.
      4Add sufficient cold water to make a pliable dough.
      5Turn the dough out onto a floured board, and knead gently.
      6Roll out the pastry into a rectangle of about 10 x 8 inches.
      7Spread the surface of the rolled pastry with the jam of your choice, to within 1 inch of the border.
      8Moisten the edges of the pastry with some water, and roll it up loosly like a Swiss Roll, starting at the narrow end.
      9Press the edges together firmly to seal and gently lift onto a greased/lined baking tray - with the join UNDERNEATH the Roly Poly.
      10Bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
      11To Steam:.
      12Loosly wrap in greaseproof paper and foil, and steam for 1 1/2 hours.
      13To Serve:.
      14Serve hot, cut into slices and with custard or cream.
      Welsh events for the future!!!
      North American Festival of Wales
      Sponsored by Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Associaton
      Aug. 28-31, 2008, Doubletree Hotel Chicago-Oak Brook, Oak Brook, IL
      Choir, folk music group and other entertainers and speakers from Wales.
      Watch www.wngga.org for more information or contact WNGGA@...

      Come to Iowa, home of the wild rose, for
      Cwrs y Rhosyn Gwyllt - The Wild Rose Course!
      From July 13 - 20, 2008, Cymdeithas Madog's Cwrs Cymraeg will be returning to Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, for Cwrs y Rhosyn Gwyllt, the Wild Rose Course.
      The Board of Directors and Local Committee are already hard at work making plans for next summer--we hope that your plans will include Cwrs Cymraeg! Stay tuned for more announcements, and check the Cymdeithas Madog website for updates at http://www.madog.org
      Reserve your place early by sending a check or money order for $100, in US funds, to the registrar.  It will be applied to the cost of registration.
      Shirley McKee
      Registrar, Cymdeithas Madog
      3033 Willowbrook Way
      Beavercreek OH 45431-7702
      Email: registrar@...

      North American Welsh Choir in Welsh Patagonia, October 2008
      Please join me and the North American Welsh Choir on tour in Welsh Patagonia and Buenos Aires in October 2008.
      Singers and non-singers are welcome!
      For more information check out this link:
      Or contact us at
      Come help us celebrate our 10th anniversary.  We’ll even be competing in the Welsh Patagonia Eisteddfod.
      Cofion gorau,
      Mari Morgan

      If you wish to discuss or debate everything about Wales and Welshness please join our Yahoo group. You don't have to be from Arizona or even Welsh to join. Just a healthy interest in the Welsh Current Affairs/Language and Culture -

      Gwersi Cymraeg all over the world!!!!!!!!!!

      Boston Welsh Lessons - Dysgwch Gymraeg yn Boston
      Are you around the Boston area and would like to learn Welsh? Aled Llion Jones, currently teaching Welsh at Harvard University, plans to offer free evening classes in Cambridge. Classes will start for absolute beginners as soon as enough names come in and a suitable time is arranged.
      Contact ajones@...

      Learn Welsh online The first ever online Welsh language learning course is now being offered by the Madog Center for Welsh Studies at the University of Rio Grande, Ohio.The first 15 week long course has been highly successful and the Madog Centerare now offering a second course which will start shortly.The non-credit fee for the course is $229.If you are interested contact Dr. Tim Jilg, (740) 245-7186 or email welsh@...
       for details.For more information about how the course works, click here:http://faculty.rio.edu/tjilg/classnotes.htmFor a sample of the course, click here:http://madog.rio.edu/lingo/sample.htmDr. Timothy JilgCyfarwyddwr/DirectorCanolfan Madog ar gyfer Astudiaethau CymreigMadog Center for Welsh StudiesPrifysgol Rio GrandeUniversity of Rio GrandeRio Grande, OH45674(740) 245-7186 welsh@...
      Welsh language lessons in the Minneapolis For Welsh language lessons in the Minneapolis areacontact Laurel Bradshaw at llawryf@... . I havestudents at a variety of levels, so feel free to jumpin any time! Time and place is arranged among the students.Laurel Bradshaw llawryf@...

      Welsh Language class in Pittsburgh Welsh language classes in Pittsburgh will begin again starting on Wednesday, Sept. 12th and continue for 10 weeks. They will once again be held in Room 1228 at the Cathedral of Learning on the University of Pittsburgh's campus. The time will be from 6:00 p.m until 8:30 p.m. Those who are first time participants and those who would like to refresh will attend at 6:00 p.m. There will be a nominal fee of $10. For new students you can contact me for information on the texts that will be used. Materials will also be on hand at the class. For additional information or questions, contact me at Reddragondale@... Diolch yn fawr Dale P. Richards St. David's Socirty of Pittsburgh Reddragondale@...
      Welsh Course in New York State!
      Hoffech chi adael i bobl wybod y byddan ni'n cynnig cwrs Cymraeg credyd prifysgol yn Fulton-Montgomery Community College, yn Johnstown, Efrog Newydd y gwanwyn hwn?  Mae'r cwrs yn rhedeg o ddiwedd mis Ionawr i ddechrau mis Mai, bob prynhawn Llun a Mercher o 2.00 y.h. tan 3.30 y.h.
       Am fwy o wybodaeth, mae pobl yn gallu cysylltu â fi, yr athro, Robert J. Jones, ar 518-762-4651 ext. 3615, neu ar Robert.Jones@....  Rhif a theitl y cwrs yw: FL 190: Introduction to Welsh Language and Culture.
       Could you let people know that we will be offering a credit college course in Welsh at Fulton-Montgomery Community College in Johnstown, NY this spring?  The course runs from the end of January to the beginning of May, every Monday and Wednesday afternoon from 2-3:30 PM.
       For more information, people can contact me, the professor, Robert J. Jones, at 518-762-4651ext. 3615, or by email at Robert.Jones@....  The course number and title are: FL 190: Introduction to Welsh Language and Culture.
      Derby England Derby One day Welsh School 13-10-07 Just a quick note to let you know that we are going ahead with the one day Welsh school again this year on 13-10-07. There will be classes for beinngers and intermediates plus a group with activities for experienced learners & fluent speakers. Potential students should contact dysgwyr5@... for a registration form Cofion Gorau Jonathan Simcock lloegrambyth@...://www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.fusiveweb.co.uk/

      Awstralia Visiting Melbourne? Come and join the Welsh Classes run by Tafod y Cymry. They are held in the city centre at 7.00pm on a Tuesday night at the Celtic Club, 316-320 Queen St (Cnr Queen and La Trobe Sts). The Tara Bar for the Welsh Night and a pint at around 8.45pm wada@... to check term dates Sydney, Welsh Classes Welsh is taught in different parts of Sydney. Classes are held in Pennant Hills, Coogee, Panania, Cammeray and the Northern Beaches. For information on language classes please contact Sion Llwyd. Tel 02 99795584 sion@...
      Welsh League of Arizona hosts Welsh Classes all year round. For further information please contact them directly - tel: 623 939 0209 or e-mail: AZWELSH@.... For further information about our activities please check out their website: www.welshleagueofarizona.org Want to learn the basics of Welsh check this section: http://www.welshleagueofarizona.org/cymraeg.html
      The Colorado Welsh Society has Welsh Language classes on Tuesdays from the first Tuesday in October to the last Tuesday in May. Go to the website (http:/home.att.net/~coloradowelsh/CWSmain.html) or contact Elis Owens, cws-president@... or Sam Kuntz, sam.kuntz@.... for information on the classes or upcoming events.

      Welsh Lessons in Chicago  Contact Winston Evans at winstone@... for further details of times and locations of Welsh Lessons in the Chicago area.

      Please forward this newsletter to whoever you think might be interested or pass on their e-mail address to us. If you receive duplications please let us know!! We do apologies we have over 16,000e-mail addresses on the mailing list and growing quickly!!!
      Please sign our guestbook it's great hearing from you - http://www.efreeguestbooks.com/mg/guest.pl?61331:9:0

      Dwedodd Dewi Sant/Saint David said
      "Do the little things"
      "Gwnewch y pethau bychain"
      Carwyn Edwards
      1109 E Del Rio Street
      Tel: 480 560 1577 neu 480 963 1673 neu fax 480 963 1673

      A prize an hour, 24 hours a day. Try Big Snap now!