Welsh DNA- further detailed DNA testing available

  • Susan Rosine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
      I saw this (below) on another Email List, and thought some of you may be interested. It may be helpful in seeing what the most common haplogroup(s) and subclade(s)  is/are in Wales.  My father participated in it for Group Order 1, and we now know he is not R1b1c1-9, or c11. Still waiting for one more test to see if he is R1b1c10 or R1b1c*.  This company tests more than R1b1 though, so you might want to look at the link and see what is available.
      Susan--
      Father Warren JAMES ysearch QSCQ3 and kit 35874

      Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:27:06 +1300
      From: "Alister John Marsh" <ajmarsh@...>
      Subject: [DNA] Group Order 3 closing- orders taken up until 4 Jan 2008
      To: <genealogy-dna@...>

      List,

      Group order 3, the last group order, was to close on 30 Dec 2007.  See

      HYPERLINK
      "http://marshdna.arrrg.org/dnagroupdiscounts.htm"http://marshdna.arrrg.org/dnagroupdiscounts.htm

      Because of the intervention of public Holidays, weekends, my commitments
      etc, I will be sending in the group order list to EA on 4 Jan 2007.  As it
      is the last group order, I will include any entries into the group order
      received by me before I sent it to EA on 4 Jan 2008.

      The Group Order has currently reached 5% discount on all products included
      in the order.  I believe one more order for R1bFT upgrade or DNA extraction
      would get the discount up to 10% for those items.   There is still a chance
      we could get SNP S68 to 10%.  We have a rare chance to learn more about an
      R1b1c SNP in the Sweden to British Isles region.  Most R1b1cs would be
      negative for S68, but just think how good it would feel to lose your ?*?.

      Those who have nominated discounts above 5% for products are advised that as
      this is the last order, their nominated discounts will not carry over to the
      next order, so they may wish to consider lowering or removing their
      nominated discount if they want to be included in this order.

      I would like to thank all of those who have supported the group orders to
      date.  I have had thoughts on how an ongoing group order scheme might be
      improved, but unfortunately, my circumstances prevent me from pursuing that
      for now.

      John