SNP variation for Welsh populations

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
      Dear All,

      Eddy here of kit 219571, with a terminal SNP of L706+ (below L513+).

      As my father's family all came from South Wales and all my 111 markers and matches to date are with welsh surnames and seems to support the theory of Welsh anscestry even further i am intrigued to see how many of welsh origins are tested to 111 markers and how many are L513+ or lower that that?

      L1335 is seemingly a popular SNP to test for (on L21+ grpoup topic) so i have also ordered that and are any Welsh persons that are L21+ or perferably L513 also testing this too?

      kind regards

      Eddy
    • Susan Rosine
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
        Eddy
        I really don't think L1335 is below L315 (or L706).
        In looking at our Wales_Cymru project, most L21+ people should test for DF13 and then DF49. After those results come back, I can advise them what to test for next.
        The Deep Clade Test is no longer being offered.
        Susan, Project Co-Admin

        From: "Eddy" <eddy_2flt@...>
        Sender: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:04:07 -0000
        To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [walesdna] SNP variation for Welsh populations

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
          Susan hi, Eddy here of kit 219571 in Mikes B2 group,

          Very interesting to hear that, I am L21, and am Df13+ as well as L513+ L706.2+ and i have L9, L10 and L1335 awaiting results.

          should i check for DF49, or is my DF13+ L513+ still consistant with potential Welsh anscestry? A lot of L513 seem to have Welsh connections too?

          My deep range of testing is below and i have done over 111 STR's as well (some on GENEBASE)

          The analysis shows that
          you are positive for the following SNPs: L706.2+ L513+ L21+ DF13+ DF1+; and negative for the following SNPs:
          P314.2- L96- L909- L908- L705- L69- L577- L1333- L159.2- L144- L226- L193- (last 4 tested on GENEBASE before i switched to FTDNA)

          regards

          Eddy
          --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Rosine" wrote:

          > Eddy
          > I really don't think L1335 is below L315 (or L706).
          > In looking at our Wales_Cymru project, most L21+ people should test for DF13 and then DF49. After those results come back, I can advise them what to test for next.
          > The Deep Clade Test is no longer being offered.
          > Susan, Project Co-Admin

        • Susan Rosine
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
            Eddy,
            At the moment I believe you are out of SNPs for which to test, until they discover more.
            So you are correct, L21 is the oldest, then DF13, then L513, then 706.2. I believe DF1 is another name for L513.
            Don't test for DF49, it is a "cousin" to your L513. That means you will definitely test NEGATIVE for it. The same goes for L1335, so you may want to cancel that order, if it's not too late.
            I don't recall a lot of Welsh L513 people, but I don't think very many in our project have tested for it.
            Are you a member of our project? It is through FTDNA, and if you have switched from Genebase to FTDNA you could join.
            Susan

            From: "Eddy" <eddy_2flt@...>
            Sender: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 09:20:32 -0000
            To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [walesdna] Re: SNP variation for Welsh populations

            Susan hi, Eddy here of kit 219571 in Mikes B2 group,

            Very interesting to hear that, I am L21, and am Df13+ as well as L513+ L706.2+ and i have L9, L10 and L1335 awaiting results.

            should i check for DF49, or is my DF13+ L513+ still consistant with potential Welsh anscestry? A lot of L513 seem to have Welsh connections too?

            My deep range of testing is below and i have done over 111 STR's as well (some on GENEBASE)

            The analysis shows that
            you are positive for the following SNPs: L706.2+ L513+ L21+ DF13+ DF1+; and negative for the following SNPs:
            P314.2- L96- L909- L908- L705- L69- L577- L1333- L159.2- L144- L226- L193- (last 4 tested on GENEBASE before i switched to FTDNA)

            regards

            Eddy

            --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Rosine" wrote:

            > Eddy
            > I really don't think L1335 is below L315 (or L706).
            > In looking at our Wales_Cymru project, most L21+ people should test for DF13 and then DF49. After those results come back, I can advise them what to test for next.
            > The Deep Clade Test is no longer being offered.
            > Susan, Project Co-Admin

          • Eddy
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
              Susan hi,

              thanks, i wont test for DF49 now. However, have you studied the large lists of 67 and 111 STR's Mike created as if you look at our B2 for example almost all are of Welsh names and either welsh or irish anscestry. it just makes me think that L513+ peoples (or some of the subgroups in any case) may well have links to Wales or Cornwall etc as another group like your DF49 section?

              Yes, i am kit 219571 and i joined this group and follow the L21 and 1113 group that i fit comfortably in under B2 although my L06.2+ and L705.2- leaves me on my own.

              I am trying to determine if my SNP and STR signature and those of my closest in B2 (11-13) could be a welsh origin group, a cousin of the DF49 group?

            • Eddy Y-DNA L706.2+ L513+ DF13+ DF1+
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
                Hi Susan,

                i thought i was a member of your group already, although i dont see my FTDNA markers in your group speadsheet listed ( kit 219571). Is thre a reason for not being on your list, what do i have to do?

                I am DF13+ tested as well as L513+, L706.2+ and awaiting L9 and L10 test results. All close relations point to Wales (my Father downwards), a lot of family are still living in Crickhowell, and Brynmawr (South Wales) that i visited last year and family history now on FTDNA shows family living in early 1800's as Orcop on Welsh Border too (3 miles from border).

                Regards

                Eddy