Re: [walesdna] For WES PRICHARD

  • Susan Rosine
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 14 12:39 PM
      Wes, you are NOT in the Wales_Cymru project. You are in the Prichard project and the WELSH patronymics project. To join OUR project, go to this link:
      Our project actually puts people into groupings,  and keeps on top of things. The one you joined is basically just a list, with no activity/involvement by the group admin as far as I can tell.
      Susan

      From: Susan Rosine <basenji_luvr@...>
      Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 3:38 PM

      We are supposed to get requests from potential members as emails, and we did not get one from you. We are also supposed to get a confirmation email whenever someone orders a test, and we did not get a confirmation from you. Susan

      From: Susan Rosine <basenji_luvr@...>
      Subject: Re: [walesdna] Sale today only
      Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 3:07 PM

      I didn't see your order come through our project, so just be sure and also join our project when you get a chance.
      Susan

      From: wes prichard <wesprichard@...>
      Sender: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:57:49 -0800 (PST)

      I went ahead and ordered the Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus test..
      I also alerted Tom at the Prichard Prichard DNA line..
      You are also in the Welsh Kings DNA as admin aren't you.

    • Susan Rosine
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 29 2:35 PM
        Brian, it would be nice to have someone in Britain take a great interest in the Wales_Cymru project. I for one would love to have a British person on board as one of the project admins, though that would be up to the founder of this project (Janet Crain). It is a struggle to do any networking from here in the US...even with the internet. I still firmly believe that the study of the ancient Welsh pedigrees, and finding descendants to do DNA testing, would provide many breakthroughs to the study of Britain.
        Susan

        From: "Brian P. Swann" <bps@...>
        Sender: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:14:25 +0100
        To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: RE: [walesdna] The Prichards and the Lewis Clan

        What this whole field needs is some careful reconstruction of Welsh pedigrees from 1600 downwards using the online resources of the Welsh wills, soon to supplemented by parish registers online to get precisely at the DNA signatures of these ancient tribes of Wales.

        Probably what we need is a reinvigorated Wales Herald of Arms.  I think Michael Powell Siddons is now too old to do this, but you need someone with that encyclopaedic knowledge of Wales and Welsh families to take this field apart – but to utilise DNA to help do it.  The folk with the documentary skills don’t understand the DNA stuff or how to network effectively to the DNA family history community, at least in Britain they don’t.

        We may learn more on the 6th June.

        Brian

        From: Brian P. Swann <bps@...>
        Subject: RE: [walesdna] Re: For WES PRICHARD
        To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 12:55 PM

        I do have an interest in a Rev. Thomas Prichard who became Prebendary of Llandaff and died in 1646/7 [PCC Will].

        Just to throw a Prichard into the debate.  Any interest?

        Brian

        Brian Picton Swann

        From: Susan Rosine <basenji_luvr@...>
        To: "Wales DNA group" <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 12:39 AM

        All I know is that you aren't in our Wales_Cymru DNA project. The link I sent you did not work, because it would have forced you to order a kit, and you have already done that. Has FamilytreeDNA set you up with your own personal myftdna page yet? They should have done so as soon as they received your kit at the lab. You have to request to join our project using the Join Projects tab on your personal page.
        Susan

        From: "Wes" <wesprichard@...>

        Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 06:48:07 -0000

        Subject: [walesdna] Re: For WES PRICHARD

        When I last left this I thought I was in this group. My results certainly match,dead on with other members. I will try again. I seem to have been put in the Welch... family group??? My results seem to show that the Prichard and at least some of the Lewis groups are the same... See the legend of Lewis.