RE: [walesdna] Re: New to group and have 107 STR markers and am L21+

  • Eddy Alan Gardner
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2011
      David hi,

      Many thanks i'll look it up later tonight as had enough of tiling the bathroom.  There is a geat tool called Great Bristish names which a university plotted all the surnames in two major national post office datasets. by using the latest one then the 18th centuary one you can see the geographical spread of surnames and where they clustered in large numbers.
      http://gbnames.publicprofiler.org/default.aspx

      regards

      Eddy

      Welcome to the Great Britain Family Names Profiling website which presents the findings of a project based at University College London (UCL) that is investigating the distribution of surnames in Great Britain, both current and historic. It allows users to search the databases that we have created, and to trace the geography and history of their family names. On each page of the website, you will find a Help link on the top-right corner which We hope will answer any questions you might have.

      For world family names maps, please visit

      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      From: d.hollister.hollister@...
      Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 15:34:46 +0000
      Subject: Re: [walesdna] Re: New to group and have 107 STR markers and am L21+

      Eddy,

      Have you tried the Goons, the Guild of One Name Studies. There is a member studying Gardiner . It's a UK based Guild but covers the world for their name.

      I'm the member for my surname.

      David

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
        Hi Group

        further to my email below to which i did not get a response i have 108 STR's and am L21+ as ststed already, NOw with further research i have deep clade tested further and am negative for M222, M37 P66, and now

        L21 CONFIRMS R L21+ POS G
        L226 Neg C
        L193 Neg G
        L159.2 Neg T
        L144 Neg A

        As most of group 11-13 B2-W appear to be Welsh/some Irish surnames does these deep clade results fit in with the Welsh Clades or not?

        I await my testing house having L513 to test and 314.2 soon when i will do both of those as well but would like feedback on deepclade and post 67 STR results in this group to see if a Welsh cluster is appearing yet.

        regards

        Eddy

        --- In walesdna@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <eddy_2flt@...> wrote:

        > Hiya, thanks for letting me join your group.
        >
        > I am also a member of Mikes RL21 11-13 B2 combo cluster group and i noticed a lot had Welsh connections and may Father family was from South Wales (Llanelly/Brynmawr, and border village of Orcop), mainly miners.
        >
        > i copied your 13,24,15 L21 combo group data and added mine to compare in excell and it is a very close match indeed to my own when i colour coded it. I dont know how to send excell sheet that up to this group for experts to check and comment?
        >
        > I would love to know if any others have done more than 67 markers and are L21 and perhaps are not yet in the general L21 group but jsut here so i can compare my larger amount of markers to se if any unusual cluster modal markers are present.
        >
        > regards
        >
        > eddy

      • mikewww7
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 21, 2011
          I hope everyone is aware of the FTDNA Y DNA upgrade specials that expire tomorrow. If you are not at 67 markers, now is a good time to upgrade.