Re: [walesdna] Sale today only

  • wes prichard
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 16, 2011
      Perhaps I am confused... I was not aware we could be part of the project unless we had our DNA done... When I talked with the Ftdna people in Texas I told them that there were several project that I was interested in being in but they dit not sign me up for any of them or give me the extra 5/10% discount that Tom at the Prichard  DNA site said should have ben given.   How does somebody joint the project offically?

      The male member of my family are either very tight with their money or uninterested.
      I represent a large amount of Texas Prichards... Lots and lots... all of them have been told or know that they are of primary Welsh descent and the records very clearly go back to the 1600/1700. What ever else we are... the family got off the boat in Maryland and Virginia.. in 1635? or so... Can you put charles down with me... At this time he said he does not have the funds to do the project but he is interested as are others in the family and they might come around eventually.

      Do you need me to do anything more to sign up and I will call up the FTDNA people to get the extra 10%?  off tomorrow.

      They said that the sale ends tomorro at 0900 central but may go through tom at 1700 central.

      Thanks Wes

      From: wes prichard <wesprichard@...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 4:17 PM

      Thank you for ordering the Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus test. Your sample kit number is 199824
      Perhaps I am not clear... it give out your names.

      So I contacted Tom at the Prichard Prictchard Prichett and

      I am goin to call my cousin Charles  who is through a different line ... My grandfathers Adens brother Asa... Charles says he has the results of his DNA testing and he is not in your data base... This would be added conformation...

      Our family while the Y dna goes back to Wales... the materal lines that married in go back to Wales also... The Logans married the Prichard as did the Ford and the Ford Line goes back to Owen Tudor... I know that.. I just checked and the Logan line ...

      From: wes prichard <wesprichard@...>
      Sender: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:57:49 -0800 (PST)
      To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: walesdna@yahoogroups.com

      I went ahead and ordered the Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus test..
      I also alerted Tom at the Prichard Prichard DNA line..
      You are also in the Welsh Kings DNA as admin aren't you.

      I really did not want to pay 500 for the complete gnome test but
      183 was the cost for the test and the family finer is 300 less 40% also..
      is this worth it?

      From: wes prichard <wesprichard@...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 3:30 PM

      I was waiting for the DNA sale.. they had one last year... And the direct paternal line is Prichard but as I stated, the Prichard and the Lewis line are intertwined.

      From: wes prichard <wesprichard@...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 2:51 PM

      My direct line goes back to Wales.....The lines are closely related to the Daniel Morgans, the Legend of Lewis calls their line Lewis but states it started with Lewis Prichard. and include the lewis line as part of the Prichard line. And the Jefferson line.... and the Robert E Lee line... . William Prichard Birth date: abt 1601Birth place: Arrival date: 1635Arrival place: Virginia On the Brig Constance...
      Yes we are Welsh descent, other lines through my fathers Maternal line goes back by written record and our Logan line,  to Owen Tudor and Catherine of Valoise, the widow of Henry V.  My  mothers family do no qualify as they are not Welsh, they are Prussian and Saxon. There are DNA sublines on both the Lewis and Prichard DNA.. who I think the pateranl line would be acceptable to.

      Wes

      From: wes prichard <wesprichard@...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 1:30 PM

      So which kits would you recomend for people who have as yet not done dna. These are fairly expensive.   DNA Tribes gives a different DNA test... an autosomal one.

      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 29, 2011
        Brian, it would be nice to have someone in Britain take a great interest in the Wales_Cymru project. I for one would love to have a British person on board as one of the project admins, though that would be up to the founder of this project (Janet Crain). It is a struggle to do any networking from here in the US...even with the internet. I still firmly believe that the study of the ancient Welsh pedigrees, and finding descendants to do DNA testing, would provide many breakthroughs to the study of Britain.
        Susan

        From: "Brian P. Swann" <bps@...>
        Sender: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:14:25 +0100
        To: <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: RE: [walesdna] The Prichards and the Lewis Clan

        What this whole field needs is some careful reconstruction of Welsh pedigrees from 1600 downwards using the online resources of the Welsh wills, soon to supplemented by parish registers online to get precisely at the DNA signatures of these ancient tribes of Wales.

        Probably what we need is a reinvigorated Wales Herald of Arms.  I think Michael Powell Siddons is now too old to do this, but you need someone with that encyclopaedic knowledge of Wales and Welsh families to take this field apart – but to utilise DNA to help do it.  The folk with the documentary skills don’t understand the DNA stuff or how to network effectively to the DNA family history community, at least in Britain they don’t.

        We may learn more on the 6th June.

        Brian

        From: Brian P. Swann <bps@...>
        Subject: RE: [walesdna] Re: For WES PRICHARD
        To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 12:55 PM

        I do have an interest in a Rev. Thomas Prichard who became Prebendary of Llandaff and died in 1646/7 [PCC Will].

        Just to throw a Prichard into the debate.  Any interest?

        Brian

        Brian Picton Swann

        From: Susan Rosine <basenji_luvr@...>
        To: "Wales DNA group" <walesdna@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 12:39 AM

        All I know is that you aren't in our Wales_Cymru DNA project. The link I sent you did not work, because it would have forced you to order a kit, and you have already done that. Has FamilytreeDNA set you up with your own personal myftdna page yet? They should have done so as soon as they received your kit at the lab. You have to request to join our project using the Join Projects tab on your personal page.
        Susan

        From: "Wes" <wesprichard@...>

        Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 06:48:07 -0000

        Subject: [walesdna] Re: For WES PRICHARD

        When I last left this I thought I was in this group. My results certainly match,dead on with other members. I will try again. I seem to have been put in the Welch... family group??? My results seem to show that the Prichard and at least some of the Lewis groups are the same... See the legend of Lewis.