Re: [walesdna] Happy thanksgiving

  • wes prichard
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 23, 2010

    Wes -For Aden my beloved son.

    --- On Tue, 11/23/10, r_clarkson@... <r_clarkson@...> wrote:

    From: r_clarkson@... <r_clarkson@...>
    Subject: [walesdna] Happy thanksgiving
    To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 8:14 AM

     Well Happy Thanksgiving back to you.
    Attached is your song as an mp3 to play anywhere.
    Aslo attached is the you tube version of that beautiful Welsh Songbird Katherine Jenkins. She seems so nice and I like her singing, its a bit to opera for me but that what she and Charlotte Church seem to sing.

    Its a cold autmn day, about 25 degrees here in Seattle and we have about 6 inches of snow. We have toput on the snow tires to go anywhere. I would rather be in Arizona now.

    Wes

    I have a new friend, who's name is Tami. The first song that came up, on the famous Debbie Reynolds song, as most popular, was in Welsh.
    Really quite nice.
    Thought I would share it.

    Happy Thansgiving to all.
    Rich

  • wes prichard
    Message 36 of 36 , Nov 23, 2010
      I understand what you say of the relative ages. I do look at that

      In fact the other day I had a line that 59 people held as gospel but I determined that it could not be the case and took my information off and unlinked. They were wrong.
      \
      I was dealing with ancestry told me on the phone the other day that they have finally went ahead and releasing their master book on how to use the software,, with out out paying 25 extra.   Last year they wanted 300 for one year full service, 42.00 for the Family Tree Maker software and another 25 for the book on how to use the family tree maker. I would not give them the 25.00.

      They have an auto ad feature that give you data but can include the same person again and again. That's why they have the feature eliminate duplicate people. Except when it does not work and says you cant do that.  I am awaiting the 2011 which I should have via mail in a couple of days.

      I descend form Lt Col James Hickman, and Susannah Lewis.
      James land was between Shadwell where Thomas Jefferson was born and Monticello where he died. James father was the executor of Peter Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson's father. Also note for you Lewis fans and relatives that Merriweather Lewis my 3rd Cousin as these things go live only 7 miles from Jefferson. George Wyeth who was Jefferson mentor and the first member of the Virginia delegation to sign the declaration was married to Ann Lewis of the Lewis clan.

      Its easy to put down people on a tree but to know and understand them for me the most important thing. I like these guys and I enjoy the history .

      Grins

      Wes

      From: Douglas Neslund <anon10@...>
      Subject: Re: [walesdna] First cousin to your Ancestor Thomas.
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 9:57 PM

      One of the primary things you have to do when adding anyone to your tree is to check their relative ages. That would eliminate MOST but not all of your difficulties in that regard.

      Douglas Griffeth (Gruffydd) - adopted Neslund

      On Nov 23, 2010, at 9:54 PM, wes prichard wrote:

      You know that I just reread some of this material, and there appears to be real questions regarding Thomas and his relation to John.  Its always fun when you put your foot in your mouth before a lot of people. Since these lines include male and female groups and my direct line lies elsewhere. Its time to look at this material with a fresh eye.

      The new software put in place by ancestory is both a help and its been a problem in the last year. When I ad  people to my line at their web site, I seem to end up with the same person multiple times and its very time consuming to fix. And I have yet to find out exactaly how to do it on their web site without a lot of time consuming deletions.

      Give me something to do.

      From: ljcrain2 <ljcrain2@...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 9:42 PM

      Thank you, Wes!

      From: ljcrain2 <ljcrain2@...>
      Subject: Re: [walesdna] The DNA Of The Welsh Kings
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 8:02 PM

      You mean he is an ancestor? That is great! I was just thinking how there are likely many Prichards and Richards descended from this family as Richard was his father's and brother's names.

      He is not my ancestor though I would gladly claim him. I do have a Lewis line that is probably from Wales. Thomas Lewis and his brother Morgan "turned up" at Isle of Wight in the 1670's and married Rebecca and Sarah George, respectively. This is proven by their father's will. Unfortunately there are no male descendants to test.

      My maiden name of Lewis goes back to another Lewis line, Thomas Lewis of Prince George county, VA. b. ca 1680. They are R1b but do not match the John Lewis line.

      Janet

      From: JOHN PLUMMER <john.plummer@...>
      Subject: [DNA] R1b1c - DNA of the 7 Royal Tribes of Wales
      Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:48:45 -0800 (PST)

      1. Gruffydd ap Cynan, King of Gwynedd, R1b1c7
      2. Rhys ap Tewdwr, King of Deheubarth, R1b1c7
      3. Bleddyn ap Cynfyn, King of Powys, R1b1c
      4. Elystan Glodrudd, King of Ferlys, R1b1c
      5. Iestyn ap Gwrgant, King of Morgannwg, R1bSTR47
      6. Ynyr, King of Gwent, R1bSTR47
      7. Rhodri Mawr, King of Wales, R1b1c7

      The old Welsh genealogists devised the list of the 7 Royal Tribes of Wales. The identification of the DNA types is mine. See a prior post of mine for the distinctive markers for Cadwg on ap Elystan Glodrudd. The pedigrees make him and Bleddyn ap Cynfyn both male line descendants of Tegonwy ap Teon, so they should have the same DNA type.

      The pedigrees seem to indicate that 5 and 6 are from the same male line as Coroticus who H.M. Chadwick makes ancestor of O'Melaghlin of Ireland. It is believed this is often corrupted to McLaughlin. The ftdna McLaughlin project does indeed list a few R1bSTR47 McLaughlins.

      I hope to publish at length on all this this year.

      John Plummer

      No virus found in this message.

      Janet, John is one of my people. Nice to meet you.

      Wes

      From: Janet Crain <ljcrain2@...>
      To: walesdna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 7:49 AM

      Lewis is the only surname traceable to a royal line ca AD 1000 according to Grace Moses' book; The Welsh Lineage of John Lewis (1592-1657), Emigrant to Gloucester, Virginia.  It is a very interesting book and covers other collateral lines. It was written in the 1990's before DNA became a by word in genealogy research.

      Group 5 and one other person are the only known royal lines represented in our project. One reason I started this project was because I wanted to discover what the Welsh princes's DNA was.

      Janet Crain

      From: ljcrain2@...
      Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:00:20 -0600

      The lineage of this royal line is represented by Group 5.

      You can view their results on the FTDNA site.

      The most tested member shows:

      R1b1b2a1b5

      Janet Lewis Crain