Re: [wc] The Jews Crucified Christ

  • Dan Dugan
    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 6, 2008
      Ted Wrinch, you wrote,

      > Well, the passion play obviously follows the account in the gospels.
      > So what I describe is the standard account of Christendom. If we look
      > further afield there is the account by Josephus Flavius, but he does
      > not contradict the gospel accounts. What is your understanding that
      > differs from these accounts?

      It's pretty clear from the style that the passage in Josephus was
      inserted later. That leaves the count of historical documents of Jesus
      at -zero-. I treat the Bible as literature.

      -Dan Dugan
    • Peter Staudenmaier
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 21, 2008
        Hi Ted,

        > The 'vertical' you refer to is *the* contentious issue I guess and one
        > that probably we will never agree on. But better just be clear first.
        > By vertical I assume we are talking about Steiner's notion of the
        > passing of the cultural baton up through the years as cultures evolve,
        > the new kid on the block picking it up from the end of the section run
        > by the last kid.

        Steiner held that some races are higher than others. That is a vertical relationship, not a horizontal one.

        > Apropos further to this is the too-hot-to-handle contentious issue of
        > the current consciousness soul, Anglo-German cultural era. It's
        > racist, it elitist it's blah, blah blah. But what if it's true?

        Many people believe that is is true. I don't see why that would matter; whether a claim is true and whether it is racist are unrelated matters. If we're trying to figure out whether a particular claim is racist, it makes no difference to that determination whether or not the claim is true. Greetings,

        Peter S.

        http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger2_072008