California bill to make teacher-student relationships a felony whatever the age

  • Margaret Sachs
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2012
      Given the scandals at our local Waldorf school, I'm hoping this bill will be passed. In schools were faculty circle the wagons to protect their own, this law would help protect vulnerable students and give parents a means of holding teachers accountable.

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121745/California-make-teacher-student-relationships-felony-age-rolled--mom-teen-living-teacher-41-supports-it.html#ixzz1qRw25hbz

      "Olsen, who has three children of her own, said teachers need to face harsher punishments when they violate the community's trust by seducing their students. 'We think that when we send our kids to school, these are safe and secure positive learning environments,' she said."

    • petekaraiskos
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012
        --- In waldorf-critics@yahoogroups.com, Margaret Sachs <powerofjoy2004@...> wrote:

        > Given the scandals at our local Waldorf school, I'm hoping this bill will be passed. In schools were faculty circle the wagons to protect their own, this law would help protect vulnerable students and give parents a means of holding teachers accountable.
        >
        > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121745/California-make-teacher-student-relationships-felony-age-rolled--mom-teen-living-teacher-41-supports-it.html#ixzz1qRw25hbz

        Thank you for posting this Margaret. I meant to reply yesterday, but got distracted. Good thing our friends over at AT reminded me.

        Margaret is too nice to mention the school she is referring to by name... but I'm not. Again, we're talking about Highland Hall Waldorf school where pedophilia has raised its ugly head SEVERAL times over the past few decades INCLUDING inappropriate relationships between teachers and students.

        There was even a case where the school was dealing with TWO SEPARATE cases of pedophilia CONCURRENTLY. Just as Catholic priests have abused children and been protected by the Catholic church, child abusers in Waldorf environments are protected by the Waldorf system.

        For parents, what this means is: THE PEDOPHILES HAVE MOVED TO OTHER WALDORF SCHOOLS. And not just the pedophiles, but ALL abusers within the Waldorf system simply switch schools whenever the heat becomes unbearable.

        I'm hoping to prepare a list of the Waldorf schools world-wide who are employing abusive teachers from Highland Hall. Look for it on my blog. If you know of a teacher who formerly worked at Highland Hall, please contact me off-line. Thanks!

        PK
        ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
        http://petekaraiskos.blogspot.com/