[wc] Re: Help

  • Roger Rawlings
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 19, 2011
      --- In waldorf-critics@yahoogroups.com, "petekaraiskos" <pkcompany@...> wrote:

      > Neil,
      >
      > If they're not willing to let you be who you are, what makes you think they will let your daughter be who SHE is? The answer is - THEY WON'T.
      >
      > If your daughter doesn't fit - they will mess with her mind.

      Pete puts his finger on the central issue, the welfare of the child. Anthroposophists are free to send their children to Waldorf schools where the kids will be led toward the occult system called Anthroposophy. All other parents should think long and hard before sending a child to such a school. The covert indoctrination practiced in Waldorf schools can scar a child for life.

      Rudolf Steiner openly acknowledged that his teachings are a form of occultism. Thus, he said the following: "If from the new standpoint of spiritual investigation we meditate upon the old legends and myths, allowing those grand and powerful pictures which have come down from primeval times to work upon our minds, we shall find, if we have been equipped for our task by the methods of occult science, that these legends and myths are the expressions of a most profound and ancient wisdom." [Rudolf Steiner, THE OCCULT SIGNIFICANCE OF BLOOD (Health Research, 1972), pp. 6-7.] By "spiritual investigation" he meant the use of clairvoyance. By "occult science" he meant his system, Anthroposophy. His most important book is titled AN OUTLINE OF OCCULT SCIENCE.

      Steiner also made the following remarks (among many others of the same sort):

      "Recently in my occult research the following question arose. What is the relationship between the visionary worlds that one can find through initiation ... and the realm in which one dwells between death and a new birth?" [Rudolf Steiner, LIFE BETWEEN DEATH AND REBIRTH (SteinerBooks, 1985), pp. 5-6]

      "When the human being is awake, he is awake in thought, not in will. But occult science teaches us that when we sleep, everything is reversed. Then the will is awake and is very active, and thought is inactive. This cannot be known by the human being in a normal state of consciousness, for the simple reason that he knows things only by means of his thoughts and these are asleep." [Rudolf Steiner, ESOTERIC CHRISTIANITY AND THE MISSION OF CHRISTIAN ROSENKREUTZ (Rudolf Steiner Press, 1984), lecture 2, GA 130.]

      "Now you must not think that the Saturn mass was as firm and solid as the physical bodies of to-day; even water and air do not give you an idea of Saturn's fundamental substance. When speaking of bodies in occultism, we speak of solid, liquid and gaseous bodies." [Rudolf Steiner, "The Earth's Passage Through Its Former Planetary Conditions" (ANTHROPOSOPHIC NEWS SHEET 33-34, Aug. 23, 1942), lecture delivered June 24, 1907, GA 100.]

      "[I]n occultism we call the Moon the `Cosmos of Wisdom' and the Earth the `Cosmos of Love.' As we today, standing on the Earth, wonder at the wisdom embedded in it, so one day the beings of Jupiter will stand before beings from which love will stream forth to them in fragrance." [Rudolf Steiner, THE INFLUENCE OF SPIRITUAL BEINGS ON MAN (Anthroposophic Press, 1961), lecture 6, GA 102.]

      "Following an exchange of ideas with the Essenes, the Buddha appeared to Jesus of Nazareth, and we may say that a spiritual conversation took place between them. It is one of my occult obligations to tell you this. for today we can, and indeed must, touch on these important secrets in human evolution." [Rudolf Steiner, THE FIFTH GOSPEL (Rudolf Steiner Press, 1995), p. 56.]

      ------------

      Even if we neutralize the term "occultism" by defining it as "hidden" or "secret," we still should reflect deeply before sending children to schools based on an occult system.

      Waldorf schools often claim to be non-denominational, but this is untrue. They serve the denomination called Anthroposophy. The links between Waldorf and Anthroposophy are fundamental. The schools exist to spread Anthroposophy. As Steiner said, "One of the most important facts about the background of the Waldorf School is that we were in a position to make the anthroposophical movement a relatively large one. The anthroposophical movement has become a large one." [Rudolf Steiner, RUDOLF STEINER IN THE WALDORF SCHOOL (Anthroposophic Press, 1996), p.156.

      When parents realize the Waldorf schools are religious, they generally assume that the religion involved in Christianity, since Christ is such an important figure in Anthroposophy. But the Waldorf Christ is not the Christ of Christianity. The Christ Steiner described is pagan god, specifically the Sun God. Whereas Christians believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are persons of a single God, Steiner taught that they are three separate gods. "The highest Ruler of Saturn, the Ego Spirit, appears to us as the Father God, and the highest Ruler of Sun, the Sun-God, as the Christ. Similarly the Ruler of the Moon stage of Earth appears to us as the Holy Spirit with his hosts known in Christian esotericism as the Messengers of the Godhead, the angels." [Rudolf Steiner, ROSICRUCIAN WISDOM (Rudolf Steiner Press, 2000), p. 100.]

      The easiest way to grasp that Waldorf schools are religious is to consider the prayers that the students, led by their teachers, recite in unison at the start of each school days. Steiner wrote these prayers. Here they are:

      For the lower four grades:
      "The Sun with loving light
      Makes bright for me each day;
      The soul with spirit power
      Gives strength unto my limbs;
      In sunlight shining clear
      I reverence, O God,
      The strength of humankind,
      That thou so graciously
      Hast planted in my soul,
      That I with all my might
      May love to work and learn.
      From Thee come light and strength,
      To Thee rise love and thanks."

      For higher grades:
      "I look into the world
      In which the Sun shines,
      In which the stars sparkle,
      In which the stones lie,
      The living plants are growing,
      The animals are feeling,
      In which the soul of man
      Gives dwelling for the spirit;
      I look into the soul
      Which lives within myself.
      God's spirit weaves in light
      Of Sun and human soul,
      In world of space, without,
      In depths of soul, within.
      God's spirit, `tis to Thee
      I turn myself in prayer,
      That strength and blessing grow
      In me, to learn and work." [See https://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/prayers%5d

      Waldorf schools usually disguise these prayers by calling them "morning verses," but they are quite clearly prayers, addressing and praising God.

      The prayers themselves are deceptive in another sense. They address "God," but Steiner said that there is no one and only god. He said that the universe teems with gods and, indeed, Anthroposophy is polytheistic. Steiner taught that monotheism is only a distant dream. "Monotheism or monism can only represent an ultimate ideal; it could never lead to a real understanding of the world, to a comprehensive, complete view of the world." — Rudolf Steiner, THE MISSION OF THE FOLK SOULS (Rudolf Steiner Press, 2005), p. 115.

      This is the worldview Waldorf students are lured toward.

      - Roger
    • petekaraiskos
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 21, 2011
        No worries Roger,

        I've been burning the midnight oil lately and haven't had much free time to post but I intend to post on this topic.

        Your experience describes my son's experience (so far after Highland Hall) perfectly (to me). It could have been my son writing it.

        PK
        Enough Already!!!
        http://petekaraiskos.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html