Re: [wc] Help

  • Margaret Sachs
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 17, 2011
      Hi, Neil, and welcome to this list.

      I think it is very important to educate your lawyer about the occult nature of Waldorf education. Anthroposophists are fairly skilled at lulling people into believing that everything is on the up and up in the world of Waldorf. It is hard for people who have not had negative experiences with Waldorf to understand the scope and enormity of the deception that goes on. Beware of straw-man arguments and misinformation. Never accept the accuracy of any claim made by an Anthroposophist without doing your own research to establish whether it is true.

      It's been my observation that Waldorf not only attempts to create a wedge between parents and their children but sometimes creates a wedge between husbands and wives. The latter might not be intentional. It might be the typical result of one partner falling under the influence of a cult while the other does not.

      Another wedge they drive is between your children and the world outside the cult. When our children were in a Waldorf school, we were encouraged to keep them separated from the mainstream world by limiting what kind of toys they played with, which meant not playing with children who played with non-Waldorf toys, keeping them away from television with its deluge of mainstream information, and even limiting their access to books during the early years. The way I see it, Waldorf students' minds were to be kept as empty as possible to make them better receptacles for Anthroposophical mumbo jumbo and pseudoscience.

      Your
      expressing your concerns does not sound like interference to me. A school might be justified in not
      wanting parents who actually "interfere" with the education they provide.You
      might want to think of a more accurate way to describe the role you are
      entitled to in the matter of your child's education.

      I, too, encourage you to look at Roger's website. He has done a terrific job of zeroing in on the pitfalls of Anthroposophy schools.
      Warmest regards,
      Margaret

    • petekaraiskos
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 21, 2011
        No worries Roger,

        I've been burning the midnight oil lately and haven't had much free time to post but I intend to post on this topic.

        Your experience describes my son's experience (so far after Highland Hall) perfectly (to me). It could have been my son writing it.

        PK
        Enough Already!!!
        http://petekaraiskos.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html