Copy of: Tobikomizuki

  • Jim Dart
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 1:45 AM
      I sent this message last week, but it appears to have got lost somewhere.
      If it appears and you are reading it for the second time, my apologies.
      Jim

      Hi Tyrone,

      >What was Ohtsuka Sensei's idea behind Tobikomizuki??<

      The last time I trained with the Grand Master, he showed
      Tobikomizuki as a way of moving inside a swing-punch and
      punching up "through" the attacker's head from inside their
      guard.

      >And about Kata applications, I think that Wado Kata applications
      are too varied to assume that they should all be at close range<

      No argument here (I did say "most") but likewise, those that only
      practice blocking an attacker's junzuki/gyakuzuki/maegeri are
      missing out on the wealth of close-quarter information contained
      in the moves.

      Jim Dart