Re: [wa-liberals] Fw: Washington Health Security Trust HB 1085 - Request a vote out of committee!

  • Martha Koester
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013

      The chances aren't good in the Senate, but it is going to take more than one year to get this through.  We have to mobilize far more people before then.
      Action Alert, February 9, 2013
      Washington Health Security Trust HB 1085 - Request a vote out of committee!

      The hallways of the O'Brien Building saw state-based universal health care advocates fill a hearing room and overflow into three other nearby rooms set up with audio as the House Health and Wellness Committee took testimony on HB 1085 last Friday, Feb 1st. 130 supporters from Bellingham, Anacortes, Port Angeles, Poulsbo, Vancouver, Centralia and the entire Puget Sound area signed in, while 25 gave personal testimony on the urgency of passing a plan, which includes a request to the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services for a State Innovation Waiver beginning in 2017.

      Testimony may be viewed at: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00108babNaeoc-J551fP9y7jxql_6uofMhopijh7mctXNj6IQfuEyi9r4PKBd5PT3n1q3T91G_YYGK5ueFPkUrZxuFQ9DbtAVw9TrIW_mCTukrJx6XPd_p3mdHzxy8TtY1R6ewa9WzYA9sE1-HLyvekQUNAHnjICub0pOd0eTBmocJmJJQrd966AA==

      Our goal is to get this bill sent to Appropriations. It is extremely important for constituents to ask their legislators for a vote to refer. The list of House Health and Wellness committee members is given below. Call friends who live in these legislative districts to phone or email this next week.

      Suggested script:
      • 130 supporters of HB 1085 were in attendance last week.
      • When will a vote be taken for referral to Appropriations?
      • Will you vote to pass the bill out of committee?

      Support expanding our network into all 49 legislative districts. It is extremely important that we create a network of supporters in every legislative district in Washington state. If you would like to help us organize in your community contact  outreach@.... If you have ideas for reaching your legislators more persuasively contact action@.... If you would like to have a speaker come to your neighborhood contact speakers@.... If you would like to support the work of HCFA-WA, join today and make a tax-deductible contribution.
      For more information, see our website: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00108babNaeoc-n7QfoABfIOTwWVjfqYEFzw_sm-MVAF4qYpQBQVaJ8A7AdVhrWava0l-0IdZZNiOqHDY1fKQ8l8yfjSZ5wKIVk35f2YYb9HCOfyrJMAp0Dvg==.

      House Health Care & Wellness Committee Members

      RepresentativeRoomPhoneEmail
      Cody, Eileen (D) 34th ChairJLOB 303(360) 786-7978eileen.cody@...
      Jinkins, Laurie (D) 27th Vice ChairJLOB 311(360) 786-7930laurie.jinkins@...
      Schmick, Joe (R) 9th *JLOB 432(360) 786-7844joe.schmick@...
      Hope, Mike (R) 44th **JLOB 466(360) 786-7892mike.hope@...
      Angel, Jan (R) 26thJLOB 434(360) 786-7964jan.angel@...
      Clibborn, Judy (D) 41stJLOB 415(360) 786-7926judy.clibborn@...
      Green, Tami (D) 28thJLOB 429A(360) 786-7958tami.green@...
      Harris, Paul (R) 17th Not present Feb 1stJLOB 403(360) 786-7976paul.harris@...
      Manweller, Matt (R) 13thJLOB 470(360) 786-7808matt.manweller@...
      Moeller, Jim (D) 49thJLOB 430(360) 786-7872jim.moeller@...
      Morrell, Dawn (D) 25thJLOB 306(360) 786-7948dawn.morrell@...
      Riccelli, Marcus (D) 3rdJLOB 419(360) 786-7888marcus.riccelli@...
      Rodne, Jay (R) 5th Not present Feb 1stJLOB 430(360) 786-7852jay.rodne@...
      Ross, Charles (R) 14th Not present Feb 1stJLOB 122A(360) 786-7856charles.ross@...
      Short, Shelly (R) 7th Not present Feb 1stJLOB 436(360) 786-7808shelly.short@...
      Tharinger, Steve (D) 24thJLOB 368(360) 786-7904steve.tharinger@...
      Van De Wege, Kevin (D) 24thJLOB 434A(360) 786-7816kevin.vandewege@...

      *Ranking Minority Member **Asst. Ranking Minority Member
      ***
      This HCFA-WA Action Alert is provided as a free service to all friends & members of Health Care for All -WashingtonIf you are not yet a member, see our webpage at http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00108babNaeoc8QEYR2QrgtB18JBWXf0G7Hk4VyZPvLx20NmcQalq8GECgFaTmKanj9_tSOwgZ6iqTPB01ukt0_IL98cqxF_fSF7cY-nS7v5yKJHeFi0zLO8luY7fGgSp9w and join today!

      Gray
      This email was sent to fomalhaut2003@... by info@... |
      Health Care For All - Washington | P.O. Box 30506 | Seattle | WA | 98113