Fw: Fwd: RE: support for HB 1085

  • Donald A. Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013
      "But, at this point it would not be useful for a non-constituent to send emails.  Legislators are pretty accustomed to ignoring floods of emails from outside their district.  But once the bill gets to Appropriations, there is an entirely different slate of representatives sitting on that committee.  We will then send out a similar email to our supporters in those districts to take similar action."

      Date:Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:17:49 -0800
      From:Chuck S. Richards <csrichards@...>
      To:<mike@...>

      Mike,
                  Thanks for your support for state-based universal health coverage, our Washington Health Security Trust HB 1085.  It is a major way to signal legislators that we have  supporters in all 49 legislative districts for Single Payer when we can get timely emails from constituents to targeted committee members.
                  We sent out a HCFA-WA Action Alert this weekend to all our supporters asking that if they had a legislator on the Health and Wellness Committee to write asking them to vote HB 1085 out of committee, and on to Appropriations.  But, at this point it would not be useful for a non-constituent to send emails.  Legislators are pretty accustomed to ignoring floods of emails from outside their district.  But once the bill gets to Appropriations, there is an entirely different slate of representatives sitting on that committee.  We will then send out a similar email to our supporters in those districts to take similar action.
                  Meanwhile, what have you heard from your legislators on the WHST?  Have you had conversations with them, and have they been receptive?  We had 12 representatives ready to sign on as co-sponsors, and we got 11 senators as well.  Of course, we are always collecting more written endorsements.  Glad to hear suggestions for working in your legislative district.
                  Again, thanks for your commitment.
      Chuck Richards, president
      HCFA-WA

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
        I heard that there is a good chance we'll get some kind of bill. That folks on both sides of the aisle support it. Revenue without taxation plus budget savings, funding for public works, student and businesses? What's not to like? The State Treasurer is the number one opponent. Anyone know where Inslee stands on this bill?
        Carol

        To: wa-liberals@yahoogroups.com; pdcw@...
        From: thinkerfeeler@...
        Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:10:56 -0800