Fw: Leg. Session Preview Tomorrow (Wed.) with Speaker Frank Chopp

  • Donald A. Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      --- On Tue, 1/8/13, Metropolitan Democratic Club of Seattle <justin@...> wrote:

      METROPOLITAN DEMOCRATIC CLUB

      of SEATTLE

      Metropolitan Democratic Club of Seattle

      Est 1956

      2013 Legislative Session Preview
      with House Speaker Frank Chopp
      MDC Members and Friends,

      Please join us on your lunch hour tomorrow (Wed., Jan. 9) for a special visit by Frank Chopp, WA State Speaker of the House of Representatives, who will speak about what we can expect from this year's state legislative session beginning this coming Monday.

      We will meet from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Plaza 600 Building at 6th Avenue and Stewart Street, in the 2nd floor conference room. All MDC meetings are free and open to the public. Feel free to bring a guest and your lunch along with you!

      Immediately in advance of the MDC meeting, a Programs & Events Committee meeting will be held from 10:30 to 11:30 in the upstairs cafe at the downtown Nordstrom store. We will be making assignments for event planning for the rest of the year and scheduling programs if possible. All are welcome to attend.

      Our second MDC meeting of the month will take place on Wed., Jan. 23, and will feature a discussion of the Schools First levy with Seattle School Board Directors and others. Stay posted for more information...

      To read the MDC News for January, click here.

      IMPORTANT NOTE: The date of the memorial service for founding MDC member Ken MacDonald was incorrectly reported in the newsletter. The correct date is next Thursday, Jan. 17 (still at 3 p.m. at Town Hall).

      To become an MDC member, click  here.

      Thank you for your good citizenship, your commitment to good government and the Democratic Party, and your sustaining interest in the Metropolitan Democratic Club of Seattle.

      Democratically yours,

      Justin Simmons

      President
      Metropolitan Democratic Club of Seattle
      (206) 736-9882

      www.metrodems.org

      www.facebook.com/metrodems

      Visit our website at www.metrodems.org.

      Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/metrodems

      Metropolitan Democratic Club of Seattle | 880 NW 134th Street | Seattle | WA | 98177-4118