NDAA - Three Democrats, One Independent defended our Constitution in the Senate

  • elaine phelps
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2011
      Three Democrats and one Independent defended our Constitution in the in the U.S. Senate by voting against the NDAA of 2012.

      Each of these "true blue" Americans deserve our profound thanks.

      Nay OR Merkley, Jeff [D]
      Nay OR Wyden, Ron [D]
      Nay VT Sanders, Bernard [I]
      Nay IA Harkin, Thomas [D]

      In addition, three Republicans also voted against it, but I suspect their reasons were far different from those listed above.

      Nay OK Coburn, Thomas [R]
      Nay KY Paul, Rand [R]
      Nay UT Lee, Mike [R]

      For the rest of the Democrats, all of whom voted for the NDAA bill, they have shamed my party and put our nation in jeopardy of still worse dangers from oppressive government in the future.

      I must maintain the hope that there will be a swift rejection of this unconstitutional attempt to eliminate due process at the whim of whatever  government is in power, starting with suspension of habeas corpus allowed by Section 1032.

      Elaine Phelps
      32nd LD SCW
          "Speak truth to power"

    • elaine phelps