File - list_FAQ.txt

  • vuedesprit@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 83 , Mar 1, 2004
      These are the FAQ for the Vue d'Esprit discussion list. They are not really questions and answers. These are a few lines to describe our identity and little rules. Please read them before you start posting to the group.

      Every topic related to Vue d'Esprit, it's use, and available specific resources for it (such as tutorials, models, etc.) is on topic here.
      Also generally accepted are topics that involve other graphic software as long as it's a software that can be effectively used together with, or in enhancement of, Vue d'Esprit.
      Also generally accepted are topics containing information about generic resources for 3D art that can be of effective use with Vue d'Esprit. Also accepted is any discussion about the life of the list itself and it's purposes.
      All other subjects are off-topic for this list.

      You are going to find here a friendly place full of experienced Vue d'Esprit users that are ready to help.
      New Vue d'Esprit users are welcome and we will be happy to offer them all possible free support.

      The members of this list are invited to freely share available resources for Vue d'Esprit, whenever it is possible for them.

      We have only 5 rules, but important:

      1. Users must respect each other. Insults and other serious offensive behaviour will not be tolerated;

      2. This list tolerates occasional off-topic threads, as it is our will to keep the flow of discussion on this list as free as possible. However, the list administrators will send warnings when an off-topic thread has gone on too long or too far away from the scope of this list. Members are then required then to comply to the administrator's requests;

      3. Information about commercially resources available for Vue d'Esprit or for other 3D software that can be used together with, or in enhancement of, Vue d'Esprit is accepted, as long as it is introduced with moderation. Generally accepted are announcement of new releases. These can be made only once for each product. Generally accepted are also announcements of updates to a product. These too can be made only once for each product. Both announcements of new releases and updates will be judged in relation to their frequency. We indicate the frequency of about one announcement of each type per month as a limit that should not be exceeded. Generally accepted are also announcement of special offers and promotions. These can be made only twice: the first time before the offer starts, the second time a few days before the offer expires. Also special offers and promotions messages will be judged in relation to their frequency. We indicate the frequency of about one announcement of special offers/promotions per month as a limit that should not be exceeded. The signature text of a member can contain a link to a commercial page and a very brief description of what it offers. Any abuse of the above guidelines will be considered as SPAM and will lead to a public warning by the list administrators. Should the person who broke the rules insist in the violation of the rules, he/she will be banned from this list permanently. All the above indications about frequency of commercial messages must be considered only as rough guidelines. All interpretation of them, and all faculty of judgement of the above is given to the list administrators, which are free to take any action to protect the list against tentatives of spamming regardless of the more or less precise compliance to the guidelines above. All commercial messages that are not related to Vue d'Esprit or other 3D software that can be used together with, or in enhcamncement of, Vue d'Esprit, is completely off topic, will be considered as untolerable spamming and will lead to the immediate banning of their author(s) form this list;

      4. This list does not not tolerate or support software piracy in any way. Therefore, all members that are evidently using pirated software, or shall make apology of software piracy, or shall distribute information about pirated software, or shall simply ask for pirated software, will be banned from this list with immediate effect, and their ISP information will be routed to those who may concern so that appropriate actions might be taken by the legal owners of the pirated software. In the spirit of support and promotion of regular use of the software, this list will re-admit members previously banned for piracy, should they be able to prove their legal ownership of the software they previously pirated;

      5. This list is set not to accept attachments. If you have a Vue picture and you would like to show it to the list, the recommended method is to upload it to a web host and post a message to the list with a ink that points to your picture. There are many providers offering free of charge web hosting, where you can upload your pictures to. A "Files" section is also available at our list page at Yahoogroups. You can upload your picture there too. In this case, please create a folder with your own name first, and upload your picture unto that folder. Keep in mind, though, that this solution can't be permanent, because our "Files" space is soon filled, and we have to periodically clean the files away to make room in it.

      We also ask members to kindly comply to the following two simple guidelines when writing messages to the list:

      - please change the subject of a thread when it isn't anymore appropriate, e.g. if in a thread called "atmospheres" you move on taliking about how to import objects, rename the thread "How to import objects (was: atmospheres)". This will facilitate the identification of messages especially with regards to automatic search in the archive of past messages. Leaving a bracketed reference to the previous subject titile will help readers in getting back to where the new topic originated from;

      - please mark off-topic messages with " OT " written in the subject of the message. This will facilitate people who does not want to read off-topic messages, to filter them off automatically

      That's all - enjoy this Vue d'Esprit list!

      List Administrators board:

      Orio : list founder, administrator
      Guitta Bertaud : Senior Adviser for Vue d'Esprit, administrator
    • vuedesprit@yahoogroups.com