Re: [vtp] Re: Buffer usage in VTP

  • Stefan Roettger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2012
      > Now I'm planning to create a overview of the building (lightweight) so
      > that user can at-least visualize few things which corresponds a
      > building. untill user go to specific LOD level full details will not
      > be
      > visible.

      yes, this is a good approach.

      from far away a buidling can be represented with just a colored scaled
      box.

      even more than reducing the geometric complexity, you can gain from
      using a lod representation with downsampled textures.
      you need to use the original high res buidling textures only when the
      viewer is very close to the building (not to be mixed up with
      mipmapping which reduces artifacts, but not the memory footprint).

      cheers,
      stefan