Problem when use osgdem

  • nekewong
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      I am using gdal_translate convert USGS DEM data to geotiff ,and
      generate .ive file with a geotiff texture via osgdem.But I see a flat
      terrain with the texture not a real terrain.

      neke
    • Ben Discoe
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        > -----

        You might want to ask on the GDAL or OSG mailing lists. The VTP reads USGS
        DEM directly, so it has no need of gdal_translate to do that. We also don't
        use osgdem at all. Finally, converting DEM to geotiff is a poor idea since
        geotiff was not designed to contain elevation.

        -Ben