RE: [vtp-unix] TerrainApps Makefiles and include paths

  • Ben Discoe
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2005
      Hi Branko,

      Some of them have been reported and fixed; some of them i found and fixed
      myself yesterday while building VTP on Debian myself.

      > * in places, the Makefile says just $(MINI_LIB) but should
      > say -l$(MINI_LIB)

      Actually, MINI_LIB is defined like this:
      MINI_LIB = $(LOCALBASE)/lib/libMini.a

      It's the full library name, so "-l" isn't necessary. Unless you were going
      to do it like this:
      -lMini

      > * the Makefile points to vtosg.so and the linker looks for
      > libvtosg.so but the file is called just vtosg.so

      That was fixed just after the last release.

      > * $(MINI_LIB) is 'mini' but the installed library is
      > libMini.a so $(MINI_LIB) should be 'Mini'

      Found that one, yes.

      > So far, I've been able to sort these out for myself. Should
      > I post complete list of problems and suggested fixes?

      Better yet, if you feel like spending a little time to help the project,
      could you grab from CVS and see if that builds for you? Everything should
      be fixed now in CVS.

      Thanks,
      Ben
    • Branko
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2005
        Ben,

        > Better yet, if you feel like spending a little time to help the project,
        > could you grab from CVS and see if that builds for you? Everything should
        > be fixed now in CVS.

        I just attempted to download from CVS by using the web page link labeled as
        "download tarball". It returned this error:

        Error
        Error: Export failure (exit status 1), output:

        cvs export: failed to create lock directory for
        `/cvs/vtp' (/cvs/lock/vtp/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
        cvs export: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/vtp'
        cvs [export aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

        FreeBSD-CVSweb <freebsd-cvsweb@...>

        **
        I'm using Mozilla Firefox

        --
        Branko
      • Ben Discoe
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2005
          Branko,

          > > Everything should be fixed now in CVS.
          >
          > I just attempted to download from CVS by using the web page
          > link labeled as "download tarball". It returned this error

          Could you tell me what page and link you mean? There isn't anything on the
          VTP website that says "download tarball".

          I presume you're trying to use CVS on Linux with the command-line. I've
          never used command-line cvs (WinCVS is great) but i would guess it's as
          simple as using the CVSROOT from the VTP site and giving commands:

          cvs -d (CVSROOT) login
          (anonymous)
          Cvs -d (CVSROOT) get vtp

          > I'm using Mozilla Firefox

          CVS doesn't launch from web browsers.

          -Ben
        • Branko
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2005
            On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:43, Ben Discoe wrote:
            > Branko,
            >
            > > > Everything should be fixed now in CVS.
            > >
            > > I just attempted to download from CVS by using the web page
            > > link labeled as "download tarball". It returned this error
            >
            > Could you tell me what page and link you mean? There isn't anything on the
            > VTP website that says "download tarball".

            Ben,

            I used the web interface assuming (perhaps wrongly) that it was the only way
            to get through authentication.

            Attempting to retrace my steps....

            The download page
            http://vterrain.org/Download/

            click on "directions for Unix"
            http://vterrain.org/Distrib/unix.html

            click on very latest sources from cvs
            http://vterrain.org/Distrib/cvs.html

            click on "you can browse the VTP CVS repository at
            http://www.remotesensing.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/vtp/
            "

            about in the middle of the page:

            Download this directory in tarball or zip archive (tarball is a link, zip
            archive is a link)

            click on tarball
            http://www.remotesensing.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/vtp/vtp.tar.gz?tarball=1

            QUOTE:
            Error

            Error: Export failure (exit status 1), output:
            cvs export: failed to create lock directory for
            `/cvs/vtp' (/cvs/lock/vtp/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
            cvs export: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/vtp'
            cvs [export aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

            FreeBSD-CVSweb <freebsd-cvsweb@...>
            UNQUOTE (cut from html)

            The zip_archive link produces a similar error.

            > I presume you're trying to use CVS on Linux with the command-line. I've
            No
            > > I'm using Mozilla Firefox

            > cvs -d (CVSROOT) login
            > (anonymous)
            > Cvs -d (CVSROOT) get vtp
            Next time I go online (when this email is dispatched) I will attempt command
            line CVS.

            --
            Branko
          • Ben Discoe
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 2005
              Branko,

              > -----

              The web interface is only for browsing what's in the repository. When one
              refers to getting files "with CVS", it means running the cvs utility to get
              the files. It doesn't mean using the web.

              > Next time I go online (when this email is dispatched) I will
              > attempt command line CVS.

              You can use any CVS client you like. Most Linux people seem to like the
              command line one :|

              -Ben