VTP on Macintosh OSX

  • gattuso5
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      Has anyone attempted to compile Enviro on a MAC with OSX? I would
      appreciate any advice, and project files if available. I did not
      notice any references to a MAC compile in the vtp-unix message list.
      Thanks.

      Peter Gattuso
      U.S. EPA
      gattuso.peter@...
    • Ben Discoe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
        Peter,

        If you do a search on "OSX" you'll see a few messages. Pete Willemsen
        reported getting it to build on OSX 10.2.4, and showed us a screenshot.
        I checked in some changes with multi-byte chars to help it build on the
        Mac. Haven't heard more about it since then, but it shouldn't be far
        from working.

        -Ben

      • Pete Willemsen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
          Peter,

          My screenshots showed VTBuilder working. After that I decided to grab
          the CVS version of VTP and reapply the changes I made in a nice
          systematic manner so I could send Ben the changes. I made it through
          VTBuilder again and then started in on Enviro. That's where I'm still
          at since I've been unable to devote much if any time to this for about a
          month or so now.

          I'll round up the info that I have so far and send it your way.

          Pete

          Ben Discoe wrote:
          > Peter,
          >
          > If you do a search on "OSX" you'll see a few messages. Pete Willemsen
          > reported getting it to build on OSX 10.2.4, and showed us a screenshot.
          > I checked in some changes with multi-byte chars to help it build on the
          > Mac. Haven't heard more about it since then, but it shouldn't be far
          > from working.
          >
          > -Ben

        • rickbu235
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 23, 2003
            --- In vtp-unix@yahoogroups.com, Pete Willemsen <willemsn@c...> wrote:
            > Peter,
            >
            > My screenshots showed VTBuilder working. After that I decided to grab
            > the CVS version of VTP and reapply the changes I made in a nice
            > systematic manner so I could send Ben the changes. I made it through
            > VTBuilder again and then started in on Enviro. That's where I'm still
            > at since I've been unable to devote much if any time to this for about a
            > month or so now.
            >
            > I'll round up the info that I have so far and send it your way.

            I have also been running vterrain on OS X for quite some time as well, just the libs, I
            don't really need the apps. I actually compiled everything with Codewarrior and also
            did the changes in a "non-systematic" manner to get everything running. :) I just
            downloaded the current OSG and vterrain source, and I'm in the process getting
            everything compiled with gcc this time (supposedly Codewarrior 9 supports the gcc
            C++ ABI now, so hopefully I won't have to go through the hassle of setting up a CW
            project just so I can link them with CW).

            If you could send me those files as well I'd appreciate it.

            Thanks
          • Pete Willemsen
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 24, 2003
              Hi.

              I think most everything that needed to be committed to the VTP source
              has been committed by Ben. I'll do a cvs update on my end and confirm
              that everything compiles. I'll also finally get a short readme put
              together and pass it along as well.

              Pete