Atom Weaver's Deck Bashing Challenge (updates for 2012)

  • bi529
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
      Atom Weaver's Deck Bashing Challenge

      The VTES Precon Decklist Bashing Challenge 03.01.07

      Using only the cards contained in two precon starters of your choice, generate a decklist you think would be competitive in a mid-size constructed tournament (not a qualifier or championship, but assume strong local players, and, say 20 participants). Duplicating a starter is acceptable. Choosing more recent precons (3rd Ed, LOB, KMW) is preferred (but not mandatory). Alternatively, you could choose to substitute the content of VTES Player's Kit for one precon. If you've got the stones to play it For Real in a sanctioned event, so much the better, let us know how you do.

      The goals here are

      1) to challenge your m@dd deckbuilding skills!!

      2) to generate some ideas for competitive decks that new/early players might look to for inspiration and direction for their own collecting efforts.

      Also, I think these decklists could go a long way as evidence against the (false) perceived need for big investment in cards in order to build competitive decks.

      Regards,
      Dave Zopf
      Atom Weaver

      ----

      49 decks that answer the challenge have been posted to various forums over the years and they are collected here:

      http://www.thelasombra.com/dbc/dbc.htm
    • Preston Poulter
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2012
        I think this made sense back when starters were plentiful, but these days I think going back to my original design parameters for the Barbed Wire Project come back into play.

        Decks composed of mostly Jyhad commons and vamps

        Sent from my iPhone