Saturday Tournament (SE USA)

  • The Lasombra
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2009
      Monkey Wrench: Charleston 12:00PM - 7:00PM
      Organized Card Game - V:TES - Constructed

      Hobbytown USA
      1812 Sam Rittenberg Blvd.
      Charleston SC United States
      29407
      843-769-5808

      Fee: 5.00
      Multideck format if less than 10 players. Prizes for top finishers
      include promos and OOP Camarilla Edition Booster packs.

      http://www.white-wolf.com/events/eventdisplay.php?id=5241

      Be there!
    • The Lasombra
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2009
        Monkey Wrench: Charleston
        Charleston, South Carolina
        February 14, 2009
        12 players
        2R + F

        This event was Twittered by Charlotte By Night.com.
        http://twitter.com/cbnvtes

        Jeffrey Thompson's Tournament Winning Deck with 3VPs in the finals

        Deck Name : I am I
        Author : The Lasombra
        Description :
        1st round, sweep, 4 vp
        2nd round, tied, 2 vp / 2vp with prey
        Final round, won, 3 vps with grand prey taking 2 vps

        Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 8 average: 5.5
        3x Dela Eden 8 AUS FOR VAL cel dom !Salubri:3
        3x Adonai 7 AUS VAL for !Salubri:2
        1x Remilliard, Devout Crusader 4 AUS pre !Toreador:2
        1x Richard Tauber, Ayelea's Puppet 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
        1x Thomas Steed, The Angry 4 ani aus val !Salubri:2
        1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
        1x Kervos, The Lieutenant 3 aus val !Salubri:2
        1x Zoe 3 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2

        Library [90 cards]
        1x Abbot
        2x Anima Gathering
        4x Sense Death

        Combat [25]
        4x Armor of Caine's Fury
        9x Blissful Agony
        7x Eye of Unforgiving Heaven
        5x Soak

        Equipment [1]
        1x Bowl of Convergence

        Master [14]
        4x Blood Doll
        1x Blooding by the Code
        1x Dark Influences
        1x Fame
        1x Giant's Blood
        2x Guardian Angel
        3x Path of Retribution, The
        1x Rotschreck

        Reaction [42]
        3x Eagle's Sight
        3x Enhanced Senses
        4x Eyes of Argus
        6x Forced Awakening
        2x Forced Vigilance
        3x My Enemy's Enemy
        7x On the Qui Vive
        3x Precognition
        3x Telepathic Counter
        8x Telepathic Misdirection

        Retainer [1]
        1x Mr. Winthrop

        Round recap:

        In the first round, I went first. My prey was playing 2-3 cap Sabbat
        vampires that called Crusades and Kine Resources Contested while
        occasionally getting Saturday Night Specials and Camera Phones. My
        grand prey looked an awful lot like the KoT Toreador starter with
        possibly a few tweaks. My predator was playing a Shambling Hordes
        deck and he discarded one on his first turn. He didn't see another
        for 7-8 turns though.

        I was able to block many of my prey's pool gaining votes and I let the
        Toreador deal with the damage dealing votes. I was also able to
        consistently bleed for 3-4 as my prey was playing like a shark (i.e.
        move forward 100% of the time or die). Blocking the pool gain votes
        and out racing him on the pool damage allowed me to take him down when
        his prey had ~5 or 6 pool. Eye of Unforgiving Heaven put Thomas De
        Lutrius with his Sniper Rifle into torpor, and the Toreador folder
        before me.

        Zoe blocked and killed my predator's Procurer, and Dela Eden blocked
        Shambling Hordes twice. Once to Soak the 4 damage, the second time to
        play Eye of Unforgiving Heaven at inferior to burn and gain me two
        pool. Successfully diablerie of all of the Giovanni vampires
        completed the sweep of that first table.

        In the second round, my predator was playing Saulot/Spirit Marionette
        and went first. My prey was playing Followers of Set/Allonzo Montoya
        and bleeding large with Revelation of Ecstasy / Revelation of Desire.
        My grand prey was the weenie vote deck from the first round. The
        weenies jumped out and put an awful hurting on Saulot, but was unable
        to seal the deal before the Followers of Set were able to barrel thru
        them. The Followers also got Saulot shortly thereafter. When it came
        down to the two player, Eye of Unforgiving Heaven again enabled
        multiple successful diableries (as the Edge was the only vote
        remaining on the table). Two victory points for the Followers of Set,
        two for Adonai.

        Standings before the finals:

        James Medors 2 GW 8 VPs - Malkavian Antitribut stealth bleed
        Jeffrey Thompson 1 GW 6 VPs Salubri Antitribu intercept bounce
        Jeff Brandon 1 GW 3.5 VPs Anarch Gargoyle intercept combat
        Greg Mitchell 1 GW 2.5 VPs Huitzilopochtli's inner circle stealth vote
        Jason Joy 2 vps Followers of Set/Allonzo Montoya Revelation

        Seating in the finals:

        Jason going first bleeding
        Jeffrey bleeding
        James bleeding
        Greg bleeding
        Jeff, who bled Jason

        Jason went first. I brought out Zoe and Adonai as my first two
        minions, with Dela Eden third. James brought out Blood Feud, General
        Perfidio Dios, and White Lilly. Greg started the game with Leandro,
        and eventually added Maris Streck and Huitzilopochtli. Jeff brought
        out Erinyi and one other Gargoyle who's name escapes me. James
        brought out Allonzo Montoya, Bupe Kuila, and possibly Renenet?

        My first master card was Guardian Angel, which was Washed, and I
        followed up that same turn with a Blood Doll on Adonai. Everyone paid
        Leandro tax for quite a while. My third master card was Fame on
        Bloodfeud. Dela Eden Sense's his Death, and though White Lilly
        attempted to block with an auspex intercept card, it was discovered
        that she has no Auspex and Bloodfeud went to torpor after seeing the
        Eye of Unforgiving Heaven. A combination of bounced bleeds and Fame
        ousted James not much later (1-2 turns later).

        Leandro was removed by Adonai's special ability (Adonai can enter
        combat with any ready Camarilla vampire controlled by another
        Methuselah as a (D) action). Zoe sacrificed herself after the
        successful diablerie attempt and her passing was mourned. Maris
        Streck was able to call and pass a Parity Shift to oust Jeff''s
        Gargoyles. Maris Streck Banished Adonai, twice. I was happy to
        return him to play with 7 blood. Maris was blocked by Dela Eden on a
        Parity Shift that would almost have taken out the Followers of Set,
        and she met Heaven while Dela gave me two pool with another
        self-burning. Remilliard, Devout Crusader diablerized Maris after
        Huitzilopochtli had ousted the Followers of Set by bleeding for 5 at
        stealth. Remiliard was also burned in the Bloodhunt. So it was down
        to two vampires, Huitzilopochtli and Adonai. Huitzilopochtli had
        Obedience, but Adonis had Abbot and Mr. Winthrop. Huitzilopochtli
        attempted to bleed and Adonai came up with 4 intercept (Eyes of Argus)
        to successfully block and torporize Huitzilopochtli. Having retained
        the Edge, Richard Tauber was about to join Adonai when Greg realized
        that he had too few pool to bring out another vampire and no chance to
        stealth past Adonai to have Huitzilopochtli leave torpor.

        Greg 2 vps, Jeffrey 3 vps