Looking for information on rules changes over the last few years

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6 6:41 AM
      Last night the whole "using a D action card to bleed your non-prey".

      I had recalled reading that the only legal target for bleeds is your
      prey but could not recall if i had read it in the rulebook or online
      as a reference. We eventually found it under directed actions (by the
      way, that really should be under bleed....seriously really needs to be
      there). It was brought up by one player that this wasn't just an MRP,
      but an actual rules change. We weren't buying new cards when this
      change was made and are trying to go back and understand the changes.
      I recall that the Embrace, and assumedly the presence CE cards, were
      down powered to mitigate the effect of weenies on the game. I noticed
      more vampires that create them cheaper or untap to preserve the
      usability of the cards.

      Are there any articles or interviews discussing the "bleed change" and
      other changes to the game that I can direct my group to?
    • LSJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6 6:57 AM
        Chris wrote:

        > Last night the whole "using a D action card to bleed your non-prey".
        >
        > I had recalled reading that the only legal target for bleeds is your
        > prey but could not recall if i had read it in the rulebook or online
        > as a reference. We eventually found it under directed actions (by the
        > way, that really should be under bleed....seriously really needs to be
        > there).

        It's under bleed.
        "By default, your minion's bleed actions can be directed only at your prey."
        [6.1.1 - Bleed]

        > It was brought up by one player that this wasn't just an MRP,
        > but an actual rules change. We weren't buying new cards when this
        > change was made and are trying to go back and understand the changes.

        The rulebook has always said this, but there was a time (1994-1998) when the
        rules team ruled that the (D) symbol itself overrode the rulebook and the symbol
        itself in any action card's text imparted the ability to direct that action at
        any Methuselah.

        That ruling was overturned in July 1998.

        > I recall that the Embrace, and assumedly the presence CE cards, were
        > down powered to mitigate the effect of weenies on the game. I noticed
        > more vampires that create them cheaper or untap to preserve the
        > usability of the cards.
        >
        > Are there any articles or interviews discussing the "bleed change" and
        > other changes to the game that I can direct my group to?

        They're issued in collections called Rules Team Rulings. The set of RTRs is
        collected on the Lasombra's site (not that some RTR rulings may be overturned by
        later RTR rulings):

        http://thelasombra.com/rules.htm

        --
        LSJ (vtesrep@...) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.