Re: Cloak the Gathering Question and more

  • andy.bennett@connectfree.co.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
      A vampire with superior obfuscate can play Cloak The Gathering to give +1
      stealth to any minion but only once per action even if tapped.

      Minion is ally or vampire.

      The target minion does not need obfuscate.

      If the target minion did have obfuscate then yes they could also play a
      Cloak The Gathering.

      Hope that answers the question.

      Richard writes:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm still new at this stuff and have a question.
      >
      > Let's say I have two Vampires in my ready region. Vampire A has Superior
      > Obfuscate and Vampire B does NOT have obfuscate. Is there a way for
      > Vampire B to utilize stealth by Vampire A playing the reaction card: Cloak
      > the Gathering?
      >
      > {My understanding is that Vamp A (even if tapped) can play it for a Vamp
      > (call this Vamp B2) that also has Obfuscate. I believe that Vamp B2 could
      > play the minor for one stealth and that Vamp A could play the Superior to
      > add +1 stealth for a total of 2 stealth for the action. I just don't know
      > if Vamp B above has to have Obfuscate to receive ANY additional stealth
      > from Cloak the Gathering.}
      >
      > If Vampire B is able to stealth in this manner; May an ally (such as
      > Muddle the Vampire Hunter) likewise be granted such stealth? The cards
      > reads as though a vampire can bestow stealth to another "Minion." Is
      > "Muddle" such a Minion.
      >
      > I'm looking for a way to give "Muddle" and grave robbed vamps stealth.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Richard

    • Luiz Mello
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
        Hi, Richard--

        "Richard" escreveu:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm still new at this stuff and have a question.

        No problem! Feel free to ask.

        > Let's say I have two Vampires in my ready region. Vampire A has Superior
        > Obfuscate and Vampire B does NOT have obfuscate. Is there a way for
        > Vampire B to utilize stealth by Vampire A playing the reaction card: Cloak
        > the Gathering?

        Yes. More precisely, it is Vampire A who uses superior Cloak the Gathering to
        give Vampire B +1 stealth, but you got it correctly.

        > {My understanding is that Vamp A (even if tapped) can play it for a Vamp
        > (call this Vamp B2) that also has Obfuscate.

        Correct. It doesn't matter whether B2 has Obfuscate or not. A is the one playing
        the card.

        > I believe that Vamp B2 could
        > play the minor for one stealth and that Vamp A could play the Superior to
        > add +1 stealth for a total of 2 stealth for the action.

        Correct.

        > I just don't know
        > if Vamp B above has to have Obfuscate to receive ANY additional stealth
        > from Cloak the Gathering.}

        Not necessary, as pointed out above.

        > If Vampire B is able to stealth in this manner; May an ally (such as
        > Muddle the Vampire Hunter) likewise be granted such stealth? The cards
        > reads as though a vampire can bestow stealth to another "Minion." Is
        > "Muddle" such a Minion.

        Sure. Allies are minions.

        > I'm looking for a way to give "Muddle" and grave robbed vamps stealth.

        You found one! =)

        Abraço,

        Luiz Mello
        Brazil VTES NC
        --
      • Richard
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2007
          Thanks for the reply.

          Your e-mail landed in my "spam folder" for some reason or I would have
          thanked you sooner.

          Richard