Re: [VTES] Re: Question on damage...

  • Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2004
      > agg
      > damage first, go to torpor and then burn the extra blood.

      What does happen when a wounded vampire takes normal damage? That is, he
      takes aggravated damage and *later* takes normal, so that the normal is
      not ordered first.
    • Miguel Cámara
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2004
        It happens quite frequently, for example when a vampire receives
        more normal damage than his blood+2. The first [blood quantity]
        damage is healed by the vampire by burning blood. The next damage
        can't be healed, and so the vampire is wounded and heads to torpor.
        The next damage is applied to an already wounded vampire, but it
        doesn't have any particular effect. Were that last damage point
        aggravated, it would burn the vampire, as we all know.

        --- In vtes@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
        <etherial@s...> wrote:
        > > agg
        > > damage first, go to torpor and then burn the extra blood.
        > >

        > What does happen when a wounded vampire takes normal damage? That
        is, he
        > takes aggravated damage and *later* takes normal, so that the
        normal is
        > not ordered first.
      • Miguel Cámara
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2004

          ----> SOrry, not MORE then blood+2, but EQUAL OR MORE than blood+2

          > --- In vtes@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
          > <etherial@s...> wrote:
          > > > agg
          > > > damage first, go to torpor and then burn the extra blood.
          > > >

          > > What does happen when a wounded vampire takes normal damage?
          That
          > is, he
          > > takes aggravated damage and *later* takes normal, so that the
          > normal is
          > > not ordered first.
        • Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2004
            > It happens quite frequently, for example when a vampire receives
            > more normal damage than his blood+2.

            Yes, I'm aware of that. But let's say a full 10-cap goes to torpor and
            afterwards take 1 point of normal damage. Does anything happen?
          • LSJ
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2004
              Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:

              >>It happens quite frequently, for example when a vampire receives
              >>more normal damage than his blood+2.
              >

              > Yes, I'm aware of that. But let's say a full 10-cap goes to torpor and
              > afterwards take 1 point of normal damage. Does anything happen?

              He burns a blood to heal it (and remains in torpor).
              If he cannot (i.e., once he is empty), the damage goes unhealed, and he
              still remains in torpor.

              --
              LSJ (vtesrep@...) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
              http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                Yup, if they have any blood on them, it burns, if they don't...you
                pretty much ignore the damage...it's over the line, mark it zero.
                So it isn't possible to burn a vamp in torpor with regular
                damage...no matter how much normal damage you do.