Camarilla Preview

  • atomweaver
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
    • Ismael Guerrero
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
        Guys these assholes are destroying our game, the best card game ever. First they are changing the text of the cards every now and then, and now they are also changing the look.......fuck them.
        We should send emails saying that we prefer the old ones, at least to let them know. Personally the rules I couldn�t care less cause I used to play always with the same guys and we don�t change a single one. I love the old tomb of ramses for instance.
        They change it bwcause they know we are gonna buy them anyways but we should, at least, let them know we don�t like these new changes.

        atomweaver <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Check it out...

        http://www.white-wolf.com/VTES/Preview_Camarilla.html

        DaveZ

      • -- --
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
          I do like the changes.
          Other people don't. They've already told it on the
          newsgroup. But they did it on their own name.

          You play with old rules of Tomb of Ramses for example.
          It's up to you. Do what you want.

          Everybody's free to play the way he likes to play. WW
          staff changes their rules in order to make their game
          more attractive. I will play this manner, cause
          they're game designer and I'm not. By this way, I
          trust their work. If, by practicing it, I realize
          these rules don't fit me, I will change em.

          You're not speaking for all Vtes players. Many don't
          share your ideas. Feel free to claim, but don't argue
          every players follow you.

          And it's not bad to stay polite, it reinforce your
          ideas. Being rude will give you nothing but a bad
          judgement from your reader on this forum.

          Arpeges

          --- Ismael Guerrero <semmitis@...> wrote:

          > Guys these assholes are destroying our game, the
          > best card game ever. First they are changing the
          > text of the cards every now and then, and now they
          > are also changing the look.......fuck them.
          > We should send emails saying that we prefer the old
          > ones, at least to let them know. Personally the
          > rules I couldn�t care less cause I used to play
          > always with the same guys and we don�t change a
          > single one. I love the old tomb of ramses for
          > instance.
          > They change it bwcause they know we are gonna buy
          > them anyways but we should, at least, let them know
          > we don�t like these new changes.
          >
          > atomweaver <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Check
          > it out...

          http://www.white-wolf.com/VTES/Preview_Camarilla.html

          > DaveZ

          > Terms of Service.

          > removed]

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • gypsyrainbows
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
            If the end, it's all about having fun. At least, that's why I play.
            If you don't like the official rules, don't use them. If you don't
            like the new cards, don't buy them.

            If you're happy with different rules or house rules, then keep
            playing that way. You might want to try writing up a short list of
            "house rules" to have on hand if someone new comes to VTES game wih
            your
            group, so then it's much easier to be clear where your group's
            rules are different from the 'official' game rules.

            > They change it bwcause they know we are gonna buy them anyways
            Speak for yourself about "buying them anyways". I will not buy a
            product that I dislike, or that brings nothing worthwhile to an
            already fun and functional game that works fine without it.
            Only 1 out of 9 of my card group is buying the new expansion, the
            rest of us decided to game without the new expansion and keeping
            our rules as before. That's the best way to let a company know what
            you think of the changes to a product. Simply stop buying it. If
            enough people did not buy a product, the company would notice. After
            all, in the end they are in business to make a profit, which they
            do by making a majority of the consumers happy so they continue to
            buy.
            Only buy the new expansion if it will make the game more interesting
            and fun, or if you compete in competitions. Otherwise I wouldn't
            bother with it. Make your choice on what would be fun for you :)

            Cheers,
            ~GR

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2002
              --- In vtes@y..., Ismael Guerrero <semmitis@y...> wrote:

              > Guys these *explitive removed* are destroying our game, the best
              card game ever. First they are changing the text of the cards every
              now and then, and now they are also changing the
              look.......*explitive removed* them.

              So are you upset because they tried to change the layout to make the
              game easier for new players to understand, or that they just changed
              it in general?

              > We should send emails saying that we prefer the old ones, at least
              to let them know. Personally the rules I couldn´t care less cause I
              used to play always with the same guys and we don´t change a single
              one. I love the old tomb of ramses for instance.

              The rules changes are, in general, more supported than not from what
              I've seen of the web based community (a shaky metric, I admit :-).
              Most everyone sees the new "3" rule as an eventual necessity, even if
              they don't feel it needed to be rolled out at this point in time.

              > They change it bwcause they know we are gonna buy them anyways but
              we should, at least, let them know we don´t like these new changes.

              I doubt they changed it just to piss you off :-) I do believe that
              White Wolf believes the changes will make it easier for new players
              to learn the game. If you stick to the new base set when teaching
              new players, I think it will do just that. Learning beyond the
              basics becomes minorly complicated, though, by the need to learn two
              different layouts. While not perhaps so terribly gothic a layout, if
              it does help the purpose of raising the interest of new players and
              easing their learning of the game, then I'm unopposed to the change.

              Re-writes of card texts (the reported list of which remains an
              unconfirmed rumor, BTW) IMO should be minimized with at least as much
              priority as errata. At the point in time when a card's function
              is "close enough" to rules and power parity, then re-writes should
              stop, since they do contribute to the both the learning and the
              nuisance curves of the game.

              Regards
              DaveZ
              Atom Weaver