President of White Wolf speaks out!

  • saark5
    Message 1 of 2718 , Mar 1, 2000
      This is copied verbatim from the original post on
      rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad - FYI, if you post replies here I'm not sure
      he'll see them.<br>------<br>Well, well, well. A real
      positive group here.<br> So this latest transition in
      V:TES's sordid history has you folks jumping for joy I
      see.<br> <br> This is not an official announcement or
      press release from White Wolf on the V:TES matter.
      We'll be issuing something more official later that our
      good friends at Inquest and such media sources will
      hopefully see fit to print to let the broader public know
      where V:TES is going.<br> <br> I would though like to
      answer to a few points already raised and then ask you
      folks for a bunch of input.<br> <br> 1. I was dealing
      with WOTC legal on the license reversal because we
      believe V:TES has both commercial and "fun to produce"
      potential that they have not been tapping. Ryan was
      evidentally not made aware that the reversal was being worked
      out until rather late in the process, so please don't
      think ill of him. As WOTC has at various times
      considered doing more V:TES expansions but nothing seemed to
      be realized given their understandable Pokemon /
      Magic focus, we decided<br> we would like to take over
      the game's production and support. They agreed.<br>
      touch with VTES and the VTES community, so we will be
      relying on you folks to help us get up the learning curve
      so that we don't spoil the game with mismanagement
      of play balance. So this War<br> Ghoul will only
      take 1 Blood to activate? Good, good....<br> <br> I do
      know however how much LSJ has done for the VTES
      community and I can't imagine a future where the details of
      his continued involvement are not easily worked
      information:<br> Please respond to this newsgroup (not me directly
      - let me read it on the newsgroup please) with your
      thoughts on what we should produce to best support V:TES
      for existing players and also to best grow the V:TES
      community with new players. As<br> you are all experienced
      players, please do keep that second part in mind too
      'cause without new blood coming in, no game will last
      (if so what themes need new or further exploration) A
      reprint of old expansions (Sabat?)<br> Pre-constructed
      Decks (perhaps clan themed?)<br> A new printing of base
      set (with errata incorporated of course)<br> A new
      base set that includes some new cards<br> A complete
      retrofit of the game (say to use the classic Rage rules)
      let me hear your opinions. This will help us decide
      what to do and in what order to get V:TES fully alive
      President<br> White Wolf Publishing, Inc.<br>
      www.white-wolf.com<br> <br> And yes, the Rage retrofit thing was only to
      see if you folks still have a sense of humor left
      after all that V:TES has been through.
    • atomweaver
      Message 2718 of 2718 , Mar 11, 2002
        "Hi there LSJ,<br>If I understand this correctly
        you are saying that if a Vampire does not take
        aggravated damage becouse they treat it as normal damage the
        Rotschreck will still function and send them to torpor
        becouse the Vampire 'Attempted to use aggravated damage.
        Is this correct?"<br><br>You've got it