RE: [vt100] trivia question

  • reno_debra@emc.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2000

      Is that the one that goes up the field? I remember one that we
      turned off a road onto a grassy trail going through a meadow up, up, up the
      hill...

      > The toughest climb is a couple of miles after Ten Bear (First time) which
      > goes straight up an old stream bed.

      Funny, I don't remember the up hill on this one, but I do remember a
      long downhill - as I recall, I ran with Jose Wilke sometime around there -
      he was on his way to his 14 hundred milers...

      > There is also a very long climb after Tracer Brook which goes on
      > forever. And, of course, the climb up Blood Hill ending around 88 miles.
      > The final climb can be tough as well but you usually smell the barn by
      > then and get up it quickly.

      I do not remember feeling like Blood HIll was all that terrible...
      or maybe I was just half unconcious by then....

      Please God let it be cooler this year!!!
      deb
    • Pero, Stephen M
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2000
        > > The toughest climb is a couple of miles after Ten Bear
        > (First time) which
        > > goes straight up an old stream bed.
        > >
        > Funny, I don't remember the up hill on this one, but I
        > do remember a
        > long downhill - as I recall, I ran with Jose Wilke sometime
        > around there -
        > he was on his way to his 14 hundred milers...

        It was here that I first hurled...on the top of that hill. I was mixing some
        Clip and Rena Shuman was with Me and said "Hey, We're on the same diet" and
        as She was saying that was pouring a cup of Coke and asked if I'd like some.
        It sure looked good, so I said sure and as soon as I got it down, within
        seconds, it came back up on the road. She then said "Oh, I guess that won't
        be on Your diet"
        I ate fruit and water until the night after that episode...

        seeya 3 weeks from Friday,
        Steve Pero