RE: [vt100] Vermont

  • thewashman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 1969
      Deb,

      All right!!! Sounds like a challenge. My goal this year is to push as far as I can. I intend to make my tenth finish under 24 hours or to crawl to the finish from pushing too hard. You've already had plenty of heat training so we don't care how hot it gets at VT.

      Later,
      Jeff Washburn
    • Pero, Stephen M
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 16, 2000
        Hi Jeff...

        Oh I knew what You were doing and is why I included the wink ;-)...

        You'll probably be ahead of Me for awhile there as I'm going out real easy
        on that ATV road, walking that first hill and then as the course flattens
        out try to stay at an easy pace until CTB#1. If I am still feeling ok, I'll
        try to start catching runners from there on in. That's what worked for Me in
        '98 and also pretty much at OD, although I was a bit disappointed in my time
        at OD...really thought I could come in around 21 hours, but that sick
        session in the middle really slowed Me down until dark. Then with Greg
        Loomis by my side I was able to run a little better (with the help of the
        soup and coffee, of course).

        I'm really looking forward to Vt this year...I feel like I am starting to
        get a handle on how to run 100's.

        If You aren't doing anything tonight, and Paula will let You, come up and
        join Sue and I on Mt Washington. We're going to be starting around 9pm and
        finishing around 2 am (my guess). We're running up and back down the auto
        road the day before the race.

        seeya all soon,
        Steve

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 16, 2000
          Jeff,

          I'm paying close attention to all these strategies of yours, since YOU ARE
          THE MAN! and I figure you've finished more of these things already than I
          probably ever will..
          (race ya to the 12 mile aid station!)
          deb

        • reno_debra@emc.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 16, 2000
            aha! you took my bait! My REAL plan is to force you out too fast, then
            watch you die a slow death on the CTB loop! :-)
            heh, heh...
            deb