Re: [vt100] vermont

  • ed516p@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2000
      Deb
      I do hope you can come and I remember you offering me some advice for mmt:
      thanks. I have three boys just a little short of marrying age so I can
      imagine that nothing not even running can compare to your childs' wedding.
      BTW: I believe (I havent seen the results yet) that you were number one at
      LAUREL!!!!!?!!! CONGRATULATIONS on a great run./maybe I will see you at
      Vermont

      ed
    • reno_debra@emc.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2000
        Heck, I tried to convince him to just elope - much easier! He lives in
        Texas and that's where the wedding will be, so we get to travel. Believe it
        or not, I was already checking the UR calendar to see if there's any trail
        runs down there during the week! (are we addicted or what?)
        thanks for the congrats.. I haven't seen the results either from LH, and was
        wanting to know how Barb Bellows did, or if she finished.. it was a long day
        out there ...
        good luck at Vermont if I don't make it..
        deb

      • ed516p@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2000
          Thanks Eric
          I did meet Frank albeit very brieflyI believe either on the bus ride or maybe
          somewhere along the trail. I never got a chance to ask him or anyone yet
          about over hydration. I really am beginning to think that this was a part of
          my problem as I did take succeed capsules every 45 minutes ( an increase from
          my previous 60-90 minute intervals) and took in clip and amino on top of it-
          I felt bloated and kept on drinking believing that I was doing the right
          thing given everything I had read up to that point despite the fact that I
          felt that I was retaining too much water. I was not passing much fluid but I
          really don't too much ( all an experiment of one...). So I think I may be on
          to something at least for me. Yet it still gets complicated by the heat, my
          starting a little too fast (age old problem) and not yet finding a food that
          I can take for a long period (another age old problem) At least this time I
          will be heat 'acclimated by the book') which I hope will help. In all honesty
          I am feeling upbeat about it all because I have an opportunity to try
          something new and maybe solve some of these problems and I will get to do it
          while on a new course.
          Anyway, thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you in Vermont

          ed