Re: [vt100] : Laurel Highlands vets out there

  • thewashman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2000
      Deb,

      I am 0-5 at Laurel (all but the last two section). I was hoping to do it
      this year since they increased the time limit but I got into Western States
      instead. I'll be there next year. 18 hours just isn't enough for me to get
      through Laurel.

      Take this weekends adventure and change it to high humidity and you've got
      Laurel. It's probably the best course in the country. Fairly easy to
      follow, mile markers all along the course and all trail. Plenty of wildlife
      and even some awesome scenery. The trail can be rocky and rooty but it is
      great. It will tire you out but it is well worth it whether or not it messes
      up your Vermont run. Laurel is a must for trail runners, hikers or anybody
      who loves the trails. You should do it if you have the time.

      Talk later,
      Jeff Washburn