Handler/pacer logistics

  • karen_claire@gillette.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2001
      Hi All,

      I just saw in the "last minute notes and reminders" section (which you get
      to by clicking on "course map") on the VT100 website that there may be
      shuttles to Camp Ten Bear this year from Smoke Rise Farm, and if so, no
      pacer parking at Camp Ten Bear. Does anybody know if this is truly
      happening?

      And does anyone know if there is another way to get a handler/pacer a
      handler vehicle identification sticker other than physically giving it to
      them yourself (will there be a place to check in at Smoke Rise Farm on
      Saturday or something)? My pacer is coming up Saturday afternoon - and if
      I carry it with me while running, he wouldn't be able to park to meet me
      for me to give him the sticker....right?

      Any advice would be appreciated....

      Karen
    • ZWDXKULVMSPH@spammotel.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2001
        Karen,

        --- In vt100@y..., karen_claire@g... wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I just saw in the "last minute notes and reminders" section (which
        you get
        > to by clicking on "course map") on the VT100 website that there may
        be
        > shuttles to Camp Ten Bear this year from Smoke Rise Farm, and if
        so, no
        > pacer parking at Camp Ten Bear.

        You noticed that very quickly! I just posted it yesterday.

        > Does anybody know if this is truly happening?

        Ya, that's the $64,000 question. We're still trying to work out the
        logistics of whether we can make that work. As you've undoubtedly
        seen, traffic on that road is horrendous, so we have to do SOMETHING!

        I've forwarded your note to the race director, so she's aware of your
        concern. If you have other last-minute concerns like this, I suggest
        you send them directly to her at vtrun2001@....

        Stew Stryker
        VASS volunteer webmaster