Re: Any ideas?

  • Frank Probst
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2000
      Dave: It has been a couple years for me, but here goes. I do not
      remember having any trouble getting water at all the manned aid
      stations and do not remember unmanned aid stations.

      Did not have a whole lot of trouble staying on the course. As with
      any ultra, you have to pay attention to where you are going. This
      gets difficult after dark when you are tired and punchy. I do not
      use
      a crew or pacer, but did join up with two other runners last year for
      several hours of darkness. The company helped and we were able to
      keep each other moving on course.

      Too early to predict the weather yet. There was an outdoor shower at
      the end, very basic. Do not remember bugs, or poison ivey for that
      matter, as a problem. I cannot comment on the food. It is
      recommended that you eat solid food. Although I have tried, I have
      lots of stomach trouble and get by on gels and powder drinks. So, I
      do not pay much attention to the food.

      I will be heading out to the beach this afternoon and will not be on
      the list before seeing you all next week. I know most of the rest of
      you are like me and are ready to run. I hate the week before the
      run,
      but often do not feel real good the week after either. Will see you
      all in a week at Smoke Rise.

      Frank