Any ideas?

  • dave.whitehead@bt.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2000
      Hello there, just spent a good while catching up on all the
      intersting mails!!

      And now I'm just begining to get a bit edgy as the run gets closer, I
      thought maybe someone out there could help me with a few little
      questions.

      1 Are you able to fill up on water at unmanned stations?
      2 Is route finding very difficult, especially overnight - are
      glowlights used?
      3 Whats the weather anticipated to be in Vermont next week - is
      rain expected?
      4 Are there showers at the end?
      5 Are there many bugs - the sort that bite?
      6 Is it good food along the route?

      Look forward to meeting a lot of you, good running and resting 'till
      then

      Dave
    • Frank Probst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2000
        Dave: It has been a couple years for me, but here goes. I do not
        remember having any trouble getting water at all the manned aid
        stations and do not remember unmanned aid stations.

        Did not have a whole lot of trouble staying on the course. As with
        any ultra, you have to pay attention to where you are going. This
        gets difficult after dark when you are tired and punchy. I do not
        use
        a crew or pacer, but did join up with two other runners last year for
        several hours of darkness. The company helped and we were able to
        keep each other moving on course.

        Too early to predict the weather yet. There was an outdoor shower at
        the end, very basic. Do not remember bugs, or poison ivey for that
        matter, as a problem. I cannot comment on the food. It is
        recommended that you eat solid food. Although I have tried, I have
        lots of stomach trouble and get by on gels and powder drinks. So, I
        do not pay much attention to the food.

        I will be heading out to the beach this afternoon and will not be on
        the list before seeing you all next week. I know most of the rest of
        you are like me and are ready to run. I hate the week before the
        run,
        but often do not feel real good the week after either. Will see you
        all in a week at Smoke Rise.

        Frank