[vt100] Company on the run

  • Bill Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16 4:36 AM
      Eric,
      You raise a good question, as the ultra list is boiling over with pros
      and cons about pacers etc. As for me, well so far there are at least
      3, maybe 5 of us from Maine planning to do Vermont. We all run about
      the same speed and will undoubtedly be together or nearby throughout
      the course of the run. Yes we will "feed" each other just by being
      near and providing a known face and a kind word or two. I also have a
      couple of friends who have expressed interest in pacing us the last few
      miles and if they want to put up with me at that point then they are
      true friends indeed and welcome to travel the road with me. Life is
      way too short to be hung up on issues. Friendships, experience and the
      path not taken are more important in the long run. So I for one will
      continue to enjoy this strange journey called life and make my own
      path. Keep up the good questions and my thanks to Frank for the advice
      on drop bags. He provided some food for thought as to exactly what I
      will want at any given time along the course.