Other running

  • eric ivey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 7:27 AM
      So, I usually do a group track workout on Tuesday nights with some local
      triathletes and runners (one of them is Joanna Zeiger, who will be
      representing the USA at the Olympics in triathlon this september), but
      tonight's workout was cancelled because of the holiday so I decided to
      jump into a local 5k for a quick speed workout. Man, that's a whole
      different kind of "fun." It's been awhile since I've done something
      short like that and I completely forgot what it's like to start out at
      almost a full sprint! I also forgot that it's possible to want to puke
      after only 3 miles!
      Anyway, I managed 3rd in my division (20-29)- yeah, divisions, I almost
      forgot what that's like too, in 17:49. So I figure that works out to
      about 9 and half hours for 100 miles, right? Just kidding!
    • Frank Probst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4 12:10 PM
        Eric: 17:49 is not too shabby. I ran a 12K last year and and a 20
        miler in '98, but have not run a 5K in ages. I always get trashed in
        my age division in 5 and 10K races. This is one tough area, so third
        in your division is a good show. Now if you can be 3rd in your
        division at VT, that will be great. Of course 9 and a half would do
        bit better than 3rd. Now where did that long weekend go?

        Frank